HOME CARE WORKERS
All areas of County Longford
Family Carers Ireland is the National Voluntary Organisation for and of Family Carers in the home. Family Carers Ireland are currently seeking Homecare Workers in the Tullamore area.
The principal duties of the Home Care Workers may include the following tasks;
- Assisting the Carer in his/her caring duties at home, including both personal and practical care tasks e.g. dressing, washing, toileting, light household work
- To ensure the dignity, privacy and independence of the Carer and Cared for Person are maintained and respected at all times
- Provide companionship
- Completing accurate and weekly activity sheets and other mandatory records as assigned
- Mindful of the ethics and culture of the organisation and the role played in supporting Carers
- The Home Care Worker will be flexible in his/her approach to performing the duties of the post and may be assigned additional duties from time to time in agreement with the Carer
The ideal candidate;
- At least 1 year related experience providing quality care is essential
- Must hold at least 2 QQI Healthcare modules – Care Skills & Care of the Older Person, and working towards achieving a full major award
- Up to date patient moving & handling certificate
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Full driving licence and own transport
- Confidential, calm, polite and professional individual who is well presented and has a kind and caring nature
- Reliable, trustworthy individuals committed to providing quality person centred care in a home environment
- Garda Clearance
If you meet the criteria we are interested in hearing from you to fill upcoming vacancies for day, evening and weekend work.
For all interested candidates, please forward CV via email to email@example.com All applicants will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.