At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Inside sales Representative (ISR) will be responsible for managing and maintaining relationships with new and existing Customers and achieving laboratory revenue growth in Ireland through direct sales, account prospecting, and sales support functions. The SR will work directly with Customers requesting price quotes for assigned laboratories at the direction of the Lab operations teams and account manager (if applicable). The ISR will also seek to garner future business through commercial possibilities for Customers/Prospects and within assigned territory from AST Customers not using STERIS labs in Ireland.The ISR will also be available to assist the local operations teams in managing Customer relations and answering Customer queries.
- Provide quotes for all RFQ’s coming from the website, existing Customers or through the sales teams. Provide follow up with prospective Customers to ensure close of sale. Quotes will be prepared for Customers consistent with all established Labs & AST guidelines.
- The ISR will ensure all aspects of the Customer’s request, testing needs and turnaround are met in consultation with the Operations Teams and Sales Teams (if applicable).
- Prepare and present quotations and contracts, responsible for the aftersales.
- Achieves sales objectives according to Plan/Sales budget and deliver input for budget forescast and discussion with management.
- Probes to fully uncover and understand Customer needs, objectives and goals and effectively matches our services to assist in solving Customer issues, and by visiting Customers if required, building and develop professional long-term Customer relationships.
- Establishes routine call patterns for contacting existing STERIS AST Medical Customers by telephone and other means to generate sales for STERIS Labs services.
- The ISR will work with the Marketing, AM and/or Regional Manager to formulate hunt lists of established and potential Customers, to generate leads and ensure Customer satisfaction of current testing. The ISR will initiate calls on a weekly basis and visit if required.
- The ISR will work with Marketing on new initiatives requiring follow up on e-mail campaigns.
- Effectively communicates the strengths and competitive advantages of STERIS Labs services and technologies and how the application of these can assist the Customer in meeting their objectives. Uses current available tools to provide a total solution to the Customer.
Duties - cont'd
- Anticipates and shares emerging trends affecting STERIS Labs Customers with Sales and Marketing leaders to ensure that STERIS’s response is out in front of competitor’s responses.
- Assures Pricing/Margin offerings to customers are consistently within the guidelines established.
- Documents call reports in Customer Management database. Accesses, updates, and maintains customer computer database (CRM) and record keeping systems for individual accounts. May also require set-up and maintenance of manual files.
- Consistently acts in a manner that meets or exceeds Customer expectations while considering the reasonableness of request and fairness to STERIS.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing relationships and communications with the field and corporate support departments such as Customer Operations, E-Businesses, Distribution, etc.
- Prepares and provides monthly (or as required) statistical information for reporting purposes utilizing various computer modules/programs to ensure appropriate and accurate documentation and data report occurs. Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Serves as the Customer liaison within STERIS to resolve Customer issues or concerns that may be voiced during a sales call.
- Other duties as assigned.
Three years of Customer/Sales experience with degree indicated above.
- Customer experience in a contract service preferred
- Inside or outside sales experience preferred
- Proven track record and demonstrated initiative in driving results
- Ideally experience of Microbiological testing services
- Strong focus on servicing each customer, ensuring their expectations are met, providing solutions that meet their needs
- Ability to successfully build rapport with both internal and external Customers
- Solid work ethic, goal-driven, creative problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent computer skills
STERIS plc is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.