Abbott Ireland Vascular Division – Clonmel
Abbott Vascular in Clonmel is one of the world's leading Vascular Care businesses and is uniquely focused on advancing the treatment of vascular disease and improving patient care.
We do this by combining the latest medical device innovations with world-class pharmaceuticals, investing in research and development and advancing medicine through training and education.
As part of the Site Vision Abbott Vascular in Clonmel is building an R & D Centre of Excellence.
This highly visible team will focus on identifying life changing medical devices, working on multiple projects from concept to commercialisation, helping people live healthier, fuller lives
Abbott Vascular in Clonmel now have a requirement for a Senior R&D Manager to lead a group of Senior Engineers joining at a time when there are multiple projects underway and increasing numbers of cutting edge project in the pipeline.
- The successful candidate will have 10+ experience working at a senior level in R&D in the healthcare/medical device industry.
- He/She will have deep experience working on multiple projects from conceptual to commercialisation stage.
- He/she will be a strong people leader and have experience in developing members of their team .
- This is a highly visible role so the ideal candidate will have experience dealing with Senior Stakeholders up to Division President level.
- The ideal candidate will have the drive to work towards a Director level role
- He/She will foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organisational objectives.
- He/She will participate with manufacturing management at all levels on challenges in quality and relatability.
- He/She will ensure that programme objectives are determined and met, logistics are effectively coordinated and budgets are adhered to.
- Responsible for activities related to the technical support and process/product/equipment engineering functions for current and next generation products.
- Third level qualification in Science or Engineering
- 10+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Visit Abbott at https://www.ie.abbott/ at and connect with us on Twitter at @AbbottNews