Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Sr Firmware Engineer
Boston Scientific is seeking a highly motivated R&D Firmware engineer. The successful candidate will participate in the design and development of medical devices. This role will involve the specification, design and productization of medical devices while working to the highest standards in quality and reliability.
Be a part of Boston Scientific's R&D team to develop innovative products that sustain and improve the lives of patients around the world. You will use your technical and collaboration skills alongside your passion for innovation and continuous improvement to drive growth through efficient and effective development of new products.
- Designs, develops, debugs, modifies, and tests application software using C/C++ Object-Oriented Analysis and Design methodology.
- Perform software design based on input from clinical users, characteristics of the existing software base, consultation with other engineering staff, and system functional requirements
- Perform software implementation, following coding guidelines and taking into account system characteristics to produce optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability
- Perform control modelling and performance evaluation of solutions for the refinement of control.
- Provide technical documentation for the design, implementation and testing of the software.
- Working with hardware team to review, test, debug verify hardware.
- Documents software development by writing technical documents and reports.
- Working within development environment, to plan, execute and record work within an agile work environment.
- Perform design and specification of communications protocols over various buses and interfaces.
- Solves engineering problems by analysing the situation and recommending corrective or alternative actions.
- Leads or participates on project teams to create, analyse, and verify requirements, software and systems by using software engineering practices.
- Investigates, researches, selects software designs, operating systems and/or practices.
- Participates in design and code reviews on a regular basis as both reviewer and reviewee.
- Completes project deliverables and monitors project schedule and scope changes to assure team can meet delivery requirements.
- Continuously improves process and work methodologies by interfacing with peers/cross-functional groups and analysing activities to improve workflow and work processes.
- Perform SW duties autonomously within a cross-functional team
- Participate with project plans that outline deliverables for projects and addresses Development Environment, Coding Standards, Requirements Management, Configuration Management, Issue and Defect tracking process, Build Procedures, Verification and Validation methodologies and Iteration Planning.
- Participate in the development of specifications, architectures, designs, schedules and unit and integration test plans related to product development activities and product upgrades.
- Mentors other engineers in software engineering activities/methodologies and domain knowledge.
- 5+ Years of relevant work experience with BS in Electrical Engineering Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Expert knowledge of C
- Good knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of C++, C# , Python, Matlab
- Good knowledge of a range of processors, PIC, NXP, ST
- Knowledge of Unit/Integration Testing and static code analysis
- Knowledge of the software life cycle processes including IEC 62304.
- Good knowledge of security and encryption
- Proficient in RTOS programming
- Experience with Atlassian toolset (e.g. JIRA, bitbucket )
- Experience with IAR embedded workbench , LDRA advantage but not required.
- Specific knowledge relating to software development for a class III medical devices (or comparable highly-regulated environment)
- Proven technical leadership
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Requisition ID: 467094
Job Segment: Medical, Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Firmware, Electrical, Healthcare, Engineering, Technology