At Pat McDonnell Paints, we pride ourselves on our expertise and delivering amazing customer experiences to all our customers. Our teams provide enthusiastic, professional and best in class service to our customers while providing the very best technical product knowledge in the industry.
We are currently recruiting for a Store Manager to join the team in our Kilkenny Branch situated in the Ormonde Retail Park.
This position, as part of the national Management team, will provide participative leadership and operational management of the Kilkenny business unit in this customer focussed organisation.
The post-holder will exhibit professionalism with a commitment to ‘Exceptional Customer Service’ whilst organising and delivering an efficient store operation in order to meet the budgetary and financial goals of the business unit. Responsible for the day to day management activity with involvement in all facets of the operation.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience and skills in the following areas:
· Maintain highest possible standards of customer service throughout the store
· Oversee business unit budget/operating costs. Contribute to budgeting and forecasting of operations for financial planning
· Develop and maintain long-term relationships with suppliers, customers and external bodies
· Manage and control stock levels in an efficient and cost effective manner (in conjunction with Supply Chain) to ensure that sufficient and appropriate levels of products are available for customers at all times
· Deliver exemplary standards in store presentation, as well as maximising layout and merchandising techniques to provide excellent availability and well-merchandised shelves/stock to ensure that customers are satisfied with their shopping experience
· Establish, manage and co-ordinate effective communication with your team, sales representative, the management team and customers
· Ensure set quality standards are met and continuously improved upon
· Undertake administration work and reporting in a timely manner as and when required
· Ensure a safe and productive workplace where legislative and commercial obligations are consistently met
· Manage day-to-day activity to ensure adherence to safety, health, housekeeping and environmental regulations
· Keep up to date on latest trends within the industry in general and the local marketplace specifically
· Maintain strict security control at all times and ensure that all related company policies are adhered to
· Business development – nurturing existing business whilst simultaneously pursuing new opportunities
Knowledge & Skills Required:
5+years experience with a proven track record with Retail management experience in a progressive retail organisation. Proven success in consistently achieving targets or working to deadlines in a customer and/or Sales environment. Experience of managing direct reports and multiple teams.
The following are the Competencies which are required for this role and will be assessed during the Recruitment Process:
Application deadline: 20/8/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent