This role works as part of the Solution Architecture team as a Senior Solutions Architect on infrastructure projects. This role is responsible for providing architectural direction to Infrastructure projects, and application projects delivering Infrastructure, ensuring all appropriate internal standards are applied.
This role is challenging, varied and well suited to someone with broad experience who would like to bring that to bear while developing further in the Infrastructure architecture discipline.
- Work as part of an assigned project team to architect infrastructure solutions.
- These may vary in scope and size across multiple disciplines including AD, Aix, Server, Network, Telco, Middleware, Storage, and Security, covering PROD, DR and Test.
- Ensure best practice and compliance consistent with a financial organisation.
- Provide solutions for ongoing improvement and compliance in the environment as well as business specific projects.
- Work with the architecture team to assist with the annual health assessment reviews.
- Be a contributor to the development of the Infrastructure Architecture practice in Europe through forums such as the internal Architecture Forums.
- 10+ Years working in IS, preferably in Infrastructure Project delivery.
- A proven track record in working effectively as part of a team within formal project management methodologies and processes;
- Experience in the design and delivery of a large-scale Office 365 deployment is a must. Also, knowledge of VDI would be very beneficial.
- Excellent communications skills with a track record in communicating at all levels from Executive to Team level, IS and business stakeholders. Excellent written skills are also essential.
- A proven track record in stakeholder management at all levels in the organisation including Executive and senior staff, within both IS and the business, project delivery and support staff, 3rd party vendors and controller functions within the organisation.
- Broad technical knowledge of a range of Infrastructure disciplines across Network/Storage/Compute in addition to Cyber Security and Cloud solutions.
- A track record of implementing Infrastructure solutions.
- The drive and willingness to continuously develop your technical knowledge on evolving infrastructure solutions so as to ensure continuous improvement in our environment.
- University degree or diploma in related field or equivalent professional training and experience.
- TOGAF or equivalent industry certification.
- Great location
- 37.5 hour week