Community Staff Nurse
Provide nursing expertise to support existing care arrangements to Home Instead clients and their families. The Registered Nurse carries out comprehensive needs assessments and develops customer care plans. They provide direct supervision and monitoring of care standards.
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Company car
- Free or subsidised travel
Responsibilities of this Staff Nurse Job include:
- To monitor and evaluate the practices and resources used through audit and risk management.
- Provide education and advice to staff, clients, and relatives.
- Day to day supervision of client care
- To ensure that clients receive care appropriate to their individual needs
- Collaborate with CAREGivers in preparing, developing and implementing care plans
- Conduct an initial client assessment to ensure an integrated patient centred approach is adopted which considers and responds to the holistic needs of individuals using our services. The nurse is responsible for developing a Plan of Care in consultation with the person using our service, identifying the risks and needs of the person and ensuring that these needs can be met. The Nurse should ensure that the care plan is kept under review as and when required and or every two months or on the request of the client or in response to changing needs.
- The Nurse will provide the highest professional standards using an evidence-based approach, care planning approach.
- Practice nursing according to Professional Clinical Guidelines, National and Area Health Service (HSE) guidelines, Local Policies, Protocol’s, Guidelines and Current Legislation.
- All outcomes from the care planning reviews are to be actioned, recorded and communicated to the relevant carer’s.
- The nurse may be asked to conduct in-home visits in accordance with guidelines and regulations,
- The nurse will supervise Health Care Assistants/ Care Workers and companions as appropriate.
- Provides hands-on training/orientation as needed for Health Care Assistants/ Care Workers in client’s home according to duties outlined in the client’s Plan of Care.
- Consults with the client, client’s family and other healthcare professionals to provide and maintain safe and efficient client care and review progress.
- Prepares necessary paperwork for company’s policies and NMBI policies and National guidelines as appropriate, give non-discriminatory care and support that values the diverse and unique qualities of each client
- See the whole person and not merely a list of care needs.
- Foster best use of resources, effective service delivery for the patient and family.
- Provide clinical consultation as an active member of the interdisciplinary care team.
Qualifications & Essential Skills
· Candidates must be registered in the Register of General Nurses held by An Bord Altranais.
- Strong knowledge of HIQA Standards
- Ability to give care and support to individuals with aspects of their daily living in a manner that respects their dignity is non- judgemental and promotes their independence, choices and privacy.
- Experience in Hospital Care, Home Care, Hospice or Assisted Living experience
- Desire to work in the community
Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
We are actively recruiting for Staff Nurse positions now, so if this is something you're interested in, please 'click apply', we would love to hear from you.
Job Type: Permanent
- nursing: 1 year (Preferred)