Job Type:Fixed Term Contract
May be suitable for: EHS Engineer
We’re currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity with an award-winning Medical Device organization based in Galway.
This is an excellent position for anyone who is looking to join a leading multinational who are one of the best at what they do. Duties
Seeking an experienced engineer to focus on all stages of the product development process from concept generation through to commercializing of cutting-edge structural heart devices. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the rapidly growing world of Structural Heart.
The role includes the following responsibilities and skill sets:
Education & Experience
- Identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
- Effectively represent company while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Participate in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of engineering principles, materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts
- Contribute to resolution technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Delegate/direct work of experienced engineers
- Provide coaching/guidance to less experienced team members
We are looking for a qualified person to Bachelor/Master’s Degree level 8 in Mechanical, Biomedical or related engineering discipline and desirably with 5+ years relevant experience. You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams. You are familiar with problem solving techniques and methodologies with broad engineering materials and processing knowledge. You collaborate across organizational boundaries and take appropriate actions when problems occur. High level of enthusiasm and motivation, and the ability to take input from others are desirable. You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.• Demonstrate capabilities in strategic thinking
- Customer focus and results and performance driven
- Sense of Urgency
- Ability to work well within team structures and provide leadership.
A minimum of a Masters or PhD degree in Cell/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy or related scientific field is required.
- Practical analytical laboratory experience in a GLP/GMP environment is advantageous.