The SVP is a large, national, voluntary organisation with extensive experience of working with a diverse range of people who experience poverty and exclusion. Through its network of over 12,000 volunteers and 1000 staff, it is strongly committed to working for social justice and advocates the creation of a more just and caring society. SVP employs people to support volunteers in a variety of settings including housing and hostels, community care, shops, administration and other specialist areas. We employee in the region of 1000 staff, including those on employment schemes.
The post holder will engage in the preparation of food and to maintain a clean and orderly kitchen ensuring the service conforms to regulatory standards. To assist in developing and delivering a menu allowing for a healthy eating plan and catering lunch/dinners for up to 60 service users each day whilst maintaining a healthy eating plan. You will be a member of a team working to provide an efficient and high-quality service for the men resident in the scheme. This post may involve weekend work, including public holidays.
- A good general standard of education is required for this position.
- Ideally each candidate should have obtained the London City and Guilds Examination No. 706/1 & No. 706/2, National Craft Curricular and Certification Board or such equivalent qualifications as may be approved by the Society. Recognition will be given to applicants with relevant educational/academic qualifications.
- Knowledge of the Society and of its mission and values.
- To have an understanding of basic health and safety issues.
- A satisfactory knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the post.
- To be aware of the standards expected to be met within a kitchen.
- A satisfactory standard of the technical and managerial knowledge and understanding required to perform the duties of the post.
- Recognition will be given for previous satisfactory experience in a similar role or organisation.
- An ability to respect the residents.
- The ability to maintain professional boundaries.
- The ability to work as part of a team, and on own initiative where required.
- To be able to manage a budget.
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations you can apply online directly or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1. Please note that we do not accept CVs.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.