Sep 1, 2020
Are you a passionate Lead Java Developer working with Java Enterprise Edition? We are looking for you to lead a team of Java Developers building scalable, highly available network management features for 5G networks, working as part of a cross-functional team, developing full-stack features in an agile environment.
You will be driving the use of the latest technologies such as… JEE, Java 8+, Microservices, Cloud (Kubernetes, Openstack, KVM) in a CI/CD development environment.
This role is based in Ericsson Software Campus, Athlone, Ireland.
- A proven track record in technical leadership in a Java development team
- Practical experience of best coding/design practices and patterns, optimizations, scaling and clustering
- Hands-on experience of configuration, deployment, and optimization of at least one major JEE application server is required (JBoss EAP 7/Wildfly is an advantage) and troubleshooting JEE applications at scale
- Written tests in TDD/BDD fashion with unit test (JUnit), integration (Arquillian/Cucumber) and black box
- Hands-on experience with EJB 3.x (SLSB, SFSB) and JMS in general (Apache ActiveMQ preferred)
- Experience building API’s with REST and/or SOA
- Knowledge of JMX, RMI, JCA, JPA, JTA, CDI, JEE security
- Experience with distributed caching (Coherence, Infinispan, JGroups)
- Knowledge of Linux Packaging (RPM) and Cloud deployment (KVM, Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Worked with a relational and/or graph database (Postgres and/or Neo4J) and other NoSQL systems
- Built EARs and WARs with Maven or Gradle build tool
Why we think you'll love it here…
- Our software has over 300 customers world-wide, managing over a million nodes with over a billion subscribers – you’re sure to find a challenge worthy of your skills!
- Work on projects that impacts the lives of billions (40% of the world's traffic uses Ericsson networks)
- We have fast-feedback loops and automate as much as we possibly can
- We continuously deliver to and delight our customers: most of them have our latest and greatest release!
What do we offer:
- A healthy work-life balance (flexible hours, maternity/paternity and parental leave)
- 27 days annual leave, family-friendly work environment, short commute!
- We’re a diverse bunch, over 60 nationalities on-site. Expand your horizons in a rich multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Clearly defined career paths, enhanced with inhouse training and financial support for external study
- Dynamic 600+ member sports and social club run activities & subsidized theatre, movie, swimming tickets
- Opportunities to travel around the world and work directly with our customers before they go live
- Pension scheme, health insurance, company doctor, life cover and sick pay/income continuance plan
- Laptop and mobile phone, tax saver commuter/bike to work scheme
- Athlone is located beside a beautiful lake and an hour from Galway or Dublin
- Ericsson bus links directly from the office through Athlone and bus/train terminal
You can also learn more about why our software campus in Athlone in a great place to work: Video Link
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ireland (IE) || || Athlone || R&D
Job details: Developer