Reporting to the Regional Senior Engineer, the post holder will be responsible for installation, planned and reactive maintenance of regional electronic security systems as directed by the Senior Regional Engineer, Regional Co-ordinator or Head of Operations
KEY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To install a range of integrated systems ensuring that the installation complies with customer specification, health and safety regulations and SSAIB security standards. All works to be completed on time and to client’s requirements.
2. To undertake service and fault finding and the maintenance of security products on existing security systems (remote monitored CCTV, Access Control and intruder movement detection) to SSAIB and health and safety guidelines and legislation.
3. The installation and commission of Mobile CCTV tower systems to a wide and varied client base
4. To communicate with customers in a professional and courteous manner, ensuring that any issues/matters of concerns raised are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
5. To effectively liaise with all appropriate colleagues to ensure a co-ordinated, efficient and timely installation meeting customer requirements.
6. To communicate with the Senior Regional Engineer, Regional Co-ordinator, RVRC Operators and RVRC Administrators to maximise volume of service and maintenance visits undertaken on a daily and weekly basis, ensuring works are undertaken to required standards and guidelines.
7. To work closely with the Technical Service team to maximise ‘first fix’ opportunities on service and maintenance activities. Including remote self diagnostic intervention.
8. To ensure that van stock is managed and replenished, ensuring that all used stock is allocated against ‘jobs’ undertaken.
9. To ensure that faulty and un-used stock is returned to Head Office stores in a timely fashion with requisite paperwork completed.
10. To ensure that mutually agreed KPI’s and job related targets are consistently achieved on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, communicating with the Senior Regional Engineer and Regional Co-ordinator in the event there is a problem with the achievement of the KPI’s.
11. To undertake any training required to ensure that the responsibilities of the role can be undertaken to the required legislative and security (SSAIB/NSI) standards.
12. Ad hoc work as directed by Senior Regional Engineer, Head of Compliance or Head of Operations
13. To communicate effectively both verbally and in writing at all levels across the business both externally and internally to customer and staff
1. To comply with health & safety requirements of VPS Site Security Ltd.
2. To take responsibility for your own Health & Safety as necessary.
3. To comply with the company’s Disciplinary and Grievance procedures as required.
4. To comply with the company’s policies and procedures at all times.
5. To uphold the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy and ensure that any discriminatory practise within the workplace is appropriately challenged.
6. To adhere to all aspects of confidentiality and Data Protection in order to comply with the law. To observe all policies and guidelines.
7. The post holder will be required to undertake such other duties as may be required within the grade and competence of the post. Therefore, the list of duties in this job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive.
8. Duties are set out in this job description but please note that, in consultation with the post holder, VPS reserves the right to update the job description from time to time to reflect changes in or to the role. Significant permanent changes in duties and responsibilities will require agreed revisions to be made to this job description.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €22,000.00-€27,000.00 per year