What’s the opportunity?
One of the world’s leading fintech companies is looking for a technical engineer to join their first-class tech team in Dublin. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain invaluable experience with a true pioneer in the fintech space. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical services to merchants, developers and internal teams through the development lifecycle.
Your day to day objectives:
- Works directly with developers, merchant and internal teams on post integration issues to provide technical support, consulting and best practices.
- Installation and configuration of payment APIs, and commerce products.
- Conducts test scenarios for technical issues with code, software, hardware, devices and endpoints.
- Communicates technical issues to merchants and internal departments.
- Identifies irregularities in functionality and unexpected behaviours with products and services.
- Develops in-depth technical information (Sample code, white papers, FAQs, Snippets) for distribution to merchants.
- Develops and conducts demos of product functionality.
- Participates in the development of tools, systems and processes to improve product support.
- Ability to diagnose and identify issues with API/Code, Services, and Network connectivity.
- Conducts new feature or subsystem projects as needed/On call rotation responsibilities.
The ideal candidate:
You are a Leader who can adapt to the complex demands of a tech engineering environment. You are an excellent communicator, who has the ability to build strong strong relationships with multiple stakeholders across the organisation and be able to take the lead as the technical expert.
The following technical competencies are required:
- Experience with Software Application Debugging and troubleshooting
- Experienced in two or more of the following: Java, C, C++, C#, VB.NET, PHP, ColdFusion, Perl, Ruby, Python.
- Experience with Web Services, SOAP, REST
- Understanding of Linux/Unix commands & Understanding of basic SQL Commands
- Solid Understanding of Firewalls, proxy, HTTP Errors, server-side errors, TCP/IP
This is an 8 month contract role. If you are interested in hearing more, please get in today!