SIRO is a joint venture company, between ESB and Vodafone, building a 100% fibre-to-the-building broadband network with speeds of up to 1000 Mbps, propelling Ireland into the ranks of the world's fastest broadband countries. The SIRO finance team consists of 9 staff currently, with a mixture of qualified and trainee accountants and has implemented SAP by Design ERP system. SIRO has grown rapidly since it commenced trading in 2015 and is generating annualised revenues in excess of €25m.
· Ensure a smooth procurement process for vendors through the issuing of purchase orders, seeking the businesses approval of goods/service, processing of invoices for payment all in a timely manner.
· Responsible for monitoring the company bank accounts and completing bank reconciliations on monthly basis.
· Preparing and reviewing month end reports for management.
· Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations.
· Liaise with business and third party vendors to ensure the transactional processes are operating effectively and that transactions posted accurately with sufficient back up.
· Monitor the AP mailbox and resolve any day to day issues that may occur.
· Liaise with project managers, functional managers and Finance Manager in relation to the timely opening and modification of Purchase Orders.
· Validate financial master data on PO requests (e.g. GL codes, cost centres and asset classes) and liaise with Supply Chain to ensure master data reflects contractual arrangements (e.g. credit terms).
· Co-ordinate, validate and process payment runs & ensuring payment is made in accordance with vendor contractual arrangements.
· Preparation and review of Vendor reconciliations.
· Work with Finance Manager and Finance Team to improve accounts payable processes and strengthen internal controls.
· Monitor the work flow approvals of POs, invoices and payments and follow up with directors and/or management to ensure they are approved in a timely manner.
· Contribute to the finance function, including provide analysis and calculations to help support commercial decisions.
· Work cross functionally to develop new and improve existing processes.
· Look to continuously improve processes you are involved in.
· Identify savings and areas where financial controls can be strengthened.
· Additional month end tasks required for preparation of the management accounts will be transitioned, once AP and systems experience gained.
· Trainee Accountant having commenced a course with one of the accounting organisations or Graduate with an Accounting, Business related or numerical degree and intending to study for an accountancy qualification
· Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work both in a team and also independently
· Organisational skills and ability to work effectively to deadlines
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Business acumen and interest
· Proficiency in IT (knowledge of Excel and Accounting Systems are an advantage)
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary