We are a busy franchise delivery company with our depot located in the Western Industrial estate, Naas Road. We are seeking to recruit a successful candidate in a full time permanent position. This person will be responsible for overseeing a team of over 30 operatives and drivers, managing rosters and ensuring that all daily tasks are assigned and carried out successfully and in accordance with the agreed to procedures, focusing on accuracy and efficiency.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Motivate employees and continuously implement best practice to ensure on time deliveries and excellent customer service
· Monitor performance indicators and implement corrective measures where appropriate
· Ensure all deliveries are processed and logged appropriately including those deliveries for incorrect addressing, misdirects and damages.
· Ensure your team are trained to the necessary standards.
· Managing Sub Contractors
· Ensuring Warehouse & Vehicle Security & Maintenance
· Provide direction and assistance to your team by clarifying questions pertaining to job assignments and resolving issues
· Liaise with the Office Manager to maximise overall productivity and minimise issues
· Undertake continuous improvement initiatives and challenge processes
· Responsible for ensuring correct levels of housekeeping in all areas of the warehouse.
· Ensure all access, walkways and emergency exits are kept clear and all Health and Safety procedures are followed
This is not exhaustible list and may change from time to time as business dictates.
· Proactive attitude with the ability to build relationships and communicate effectively
· Parcel delivery industry experience is preferable but not essential
· Ideally 4+ years people management experience
· Excellent organisational and time management skills
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Flexibility in working hours to meet business requirements.
To apply please send you CV, including references, along with your salary expectations.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent