Main purpose of the role:
Ensure the Deli Department operates efficiently and effectively at all times and provides our customers with excellent quality products and services.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Minimum 1 years` fresh food supervisory experience;
- Minimum 2 years` experience in a role with strong exposure to fresh food;
- Fully trained in HACCP and food safety, and has experience in meeting the HACCP and food safety requirements;
- Experience in ordering for deli departments and managing waste within a fresh food department;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word);
- Numerical skills;
- Ability to roster and adhere to budgets;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Have a true passion for the food industry and as such be creative and innovative with the fresh offering;
- Customer focused manager who can build a quality and loyal customer base;
- The ability to inspire, lead and motivate employees through support and development.
- Actively live Centra brand-values i.e. Proud, Energetic, Imaginative and Community-Based;
- Prepare the presentation and layout of the deli serve over;
- Implement planograms correctly;
- Minimise waste and shrink in the department;
- Bring new ideas to the department on fresh food innovation through regular research and benchmarking against competitors;
- Demonstrate your passion for quality food by sharing knowledge, recipes and personal recommendations with shoppers;
- Train all new employees to the deli;
- Deal with all customer queries and efficiently, professionally and consistent with store policy;
- Engage with new initiatives and embrace new ways of working.
Full-time/ part-time position. Must be flexible to work weekends