At Genesys Cloud, we are working to build a highly scalable, microservice-based pipeline on top of the AWS cloud. We stress platform reliability, continuous delivery, and service team ownership. The Infrastructure group provides tooling to enable our service teams to quickly deliver resilient, high-quality services on a top-notch platform.
What you will do:
- Work with development partners to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, performance, efficiency and scalability.
- Automation of CI/CD pipeline.
- Develop reliability tools and frameworks for use by all engineers.
- Ensure a high degree of availability across all of our service offerings.
- Be proficient in one or more cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Identify bottlenecks and problems throughout the infrastructure.
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis.
- Collaborate with the Incident Management team and perform Cross-functional RCAs that span, multiple functional teams.
- Participate in code and design reviews.
- Understand and comply with PCI, HIPAA security, and privacy laws.
- Adhere to the Genesys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
You are a software engineer with a passion for automation and a ‘production first’ mindset. You have demonstrable experience developing and managing a multi-tenant SaaS. You are well versed in a large number of technologies and are always willing to learn new tools and techniques. You work in conjunction with fellow developers and teammates to help define and implement the best possible solution. You are always looking for patterns and ways to increase efficiency, eliminate downtime, optimize costs, and maintain performance at scale. You can manage the entire lifecycle of projects, including gathering requirements, communicating design decisions, and proactively seeking and incorporating user feedback.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Have grit, drive and a deep feeling of ownership.
- Have a preference for development and automation.
- Are biased for action.
- Have the ability to wear multiple hats.
- Enjoy pushing scalability to the limit with high throughput services.
- Design solutions with failure in mind to ensure reliability.
- Enjoy working with a large variety of services and technologies.
- Like looking through metrics and logs as if it were a treasure hunt.
- Have a good understanding of Linux fundamentals and internals: filesystem/memory management, threads and processes, the user/kernel-space divide, etc.
- Have a good understanding of large-scale distributed systems, including multi-tier architectures, application security and monitoring
- Have a working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack.
What you will bring to the table:
- Familiarity with common frameworks and libraries such as Flask, Requests, Boto3, Spring, Ember, and/or React.
- Strong understanding of Linux.
- Experience developing / managing / working with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with REST-style web services / APIs.
- Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks, open-source tools and development languages.
- Detail-oriented and systematic.
Extra awesome would be:
- Production experience with tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Spinnaker, and Jenkins.
- Experience with core AWS services including S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, IAM, and VPC. Working knowledge of AWS ML offerings beneficial.
- Experience with Serverless framework.
Every year, Genesys® delivers more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries. Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys pioneered Experience as a ServiceSM so organizations of any size can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy, and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys CloudTM, an all-in-one solution and the world’s leading public cloud contact center platform, designed for rapid innovation, scalability and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-DK1