- Full end-to-end responsibility delivery of a project which has a specific start and end date with a clearly defined deliverable, financials and documentation.
- Lead a team of subject matter experts and field team to ensure delivery of a quality product or service.
- Professional customer engagement.
- Manage customer expectations.
- Ability to work to tight timelines and budgets.
- Pro-active attitude; generates ideas and inputs to deliverables to support the effectiveness and efficiency of the project.
- Delivers on time.
Duties, Authorities and Responsibilities
Delivering quality projects that are on time and budget are critical to Secto’s performance. The purpose of this role is to deliver projects within the telecoms industry, from an ‘end to end’ perspective – i.e. both the business and technical components. Projects must be delivered to specification in accordance with agreed company standards.
The quality, usability and cost of the resulting projects are key indicators of success. Projects may involve the sourcing of solutions from third party suppliers and the management of these interfaces is key. It is extremely important that project managers continue to develop their skills; their understanding of project management best practice; and their knowledge of project management methods, technologies and products in the industry.
The role will be office based in Secto head office (Currently Maynooth Business Campus)
- Working with the sales organisation to identify, prioritise and initiate projects to achieve specific strategic business objectives
- Tracking these projects to ensure they continue to deliver towards the expected strategic outcome in terms of quality, cost, schedule and scope
- Responsible for analysing and tracking project management elements across the entire portfolio – looking for ways to leverage economies of scale, reduce risk, and improve the probability of successfully delivering expected business results.
- Ensure that project risks are identified, managed and that mitigating actions are implemented at the programme level as appropriate, and that these are escalated to the relevant stakeholders where warranted.
- Manage the coaching, training and performance of the field teams to ensure projects delivered are at an acceptable standard and that the teams are fully training to deliver.
- Day-to day management of the field teams relating to recruitment, performance management and staff satisfaction.
- Ability to gather and track data which will feed into customer reports and presentations to show progress against schedule, budget to date and other agreed KPI’s
- Visiting customers locally on site and in their offices in order to deliver monthly / quarterly KPI presentations.
- Develop and/or review estimates and estimating assumptions for the project schedule, effort, and cost within the portfolio using established estimating models, best practices, and past experience
- Measure and monitor progress of the project at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, that it meets or exceeds expectations and delivers the business results. Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks
- Management and documentation of project lessons learned.
- Carry out your duties to meet Secto Quality, health & Safety and Environmental requirements at all times.
- Managing client relationships with the promotion of customer focus.
Minimum Role Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years project management and programme delivery experience
- Customer centric
- Strong financial awareness around the effects of every decision made on a daily basis.
- Strong PC skills, particularly MS office suite. (Specifically, strong excel experience is a must)
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Strong team working ethos.
- Very good English language skills
- Presentable appearance.
- While experience in a telecoms/engineering admin role is not required, it would be considered an advantage.
- Previous people management experience.
- Proven track record of mobile build rollouts.