Electrical Engineer required in Galway for a renewables project.
Your new company
Our client is currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their team to work on a Renewables project based in Galway. The company is a market leader in mechanical, electrical and instrumentation projects across Ireland. They are currently involved in various projects across many sectors such as data centres, energy & utilities, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and renewable energy.
The Electrical engineer is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of electrical control systems and/or components to required specifications, focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability. The Electrical Engineer will be involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover.
- Assist with the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue.
- Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments.
- Carry out document control, recording and transmitting information.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical issues.
- Managing all technical queries on site and assist project team in all site electrical engineering issues to include: the management, the planning, the testing and commissioning and the handover of all project systems.
- Prepare programs using MS project.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
- Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyse designs.
- Generate specifications for parts.
- Control the efficiency of processes.
- Supervise technicians and other engineers during development phase.
- Build, test and modify product prototypes.
Qualifications / Skills
- An honours degree in electrical engineering.
- 2+ years experience within the Irish market
- Fluent English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the Renewable/Utility sector would be an advantage
- Good IT skills, particularly in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Packages.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
What you need to do now
- Competitive salary
- 21 days annual leave
- Employee Pension Option
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Free Parking
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.