Our Client, a global medical device manufacturer based in Galway & a leader in research & development have a requirement for a suitably experienced Purchasing Associate to join on an initial 12 month contract.
Working within a fast paced Procurement department, the purchasing associate will be responsible for the following:
- Support the Purchasing Function via the undertaking of tasks assigned by the Purchasing Team Lead
- Purchase Order Generation and placement to Suppliers.
- Ensure conformance to ISO13485 in relation to Process and Document Control procedures as stated in the Quality Management System.
- Review and maintain planning and purchasing contingencies to ensure continued supply of product to our customers.
- Promote Continuous Improvement to ensure that the best solutions are delivered in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the daily Purchasing Huddles address issues on a team level and that the appropriate actions are being taken daily to ensure that all Purchasing KPI's are being met on an on-going basis.
- Reporting of data required for review in quarterly supplier review meetings
- Recording of and the carrying out of associated actions relating to any supplier related incidents that arise.
- APICS/CIPS qualified or educated to degree level equivalent and have a minimum of 1-3 years relevant experience in a purchasing, or purchasing related field.
- Knowledge of MRP computer systems is preferable and in particular SAP
- Experience in the use of ERP/MRP systems to communicate requirements to vendors and manage inventories globally is highly desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint essential.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.