Comfort Keepers are looking for Healthcare Assistants to join Ireland’s award-winning and leading care team in Limerick. We believe only through an investment in our Healthcare Assistants can our clients receive the best care possible and as such we are the only Homecare Provider in Ireland that offers all our employees access to complete the HSE required 2 QQI modules, Care Skills and Care of Older Person, free of charge.
At Comfort Keepers, we understand that we are currently entering a new working world. Our recruitment process prioritises your safety and ease-of-access. From your initial video interview to online training and the provision of full PPE when you start to work with us, we have everything covered to ensure a smooth and secure on boarding journey for you.
Candidates in this area must have a full clean driving licence and access to a car to be considered for this role.
Key Duties & Responsibilities as a Healthcare Assistant*
- Making a positive difference to the elderly and most vulnerable by providing care in the community.
- Helping people with their daily activities. Assisting with personal care tasks like bathing and dressing or light housekeeping such as changing bed linen and laundry.
- The safeguarding of those we care for.
- Supporting social interactions and activities.
- Protecting against loneliness and isolation in the community.
Benefits of working with Comfort Keepers
- €11.50 per hour.
- Premium pay rates on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to complete QQI modules Care of the Older Person and Care Skills free of charge.
- Flexible hours: We will design a work rota that meets your needs and availability.
- Access to our online training hub to keep up to date and upskill
- Career progression opportunities.
- Recommend a Friend, €500 One4All Gift Voucher for every employee you refer that stays 3 months with the company.
- Employee Assistance Programme (Offering free and confidential support such as financial advice and counselling services to you and your immediate family)
- A great back office team in your area to help you.
- Oncall Support: 24/7 support from our on-call team.
- Full PPE equipment provided.
- Recognition throughout the year, Employee of Month and Employee of Year Awards.
- Staff Discounts available including health and life insurance, car insurance etc.
Requirements to work as a Healthcare Assistant
- Are caring, reliable, trustworthy, and kind.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills must have excellent English language skills both written and verbal.
- Willing to or have completed/start QQI level 5 or equivalent. Support is very much available to all candidates who are looking to start their caring career.
- Be able to provide 2 references.
- A full clean driving licence and access to your own car.
Take the first step towards a rewarding career in care. Join Comfort Keepers’ award-winning care team today. Apply below.
Comfort Keepers Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- This job description is intended to give potential candidates wishing to join our company an appreciation of the role and the range of some of the duties, it does not attempt to detail every activity. Given the nature of care work, it should be noted that flexibility is required.
Powered by JazzHR