Early Years Educator – Toddler Room - required at Sunflowers Childcare in Lucan.
Sunflowers Childcare is one of the leading full-service early years childcare facilities in Lucan; employing 18 staff and caring for up to 56 children Monday to Friday aged between 12 months and 12 years. We are currently recruiting for a FULL TIME, FIXED TERM CONTRACT position initially, however this could be extended to a permanent role for the right person. The role is for an Early Years Educator as Room Assistant for our Junior Preschool Room (children aged 2-3 years). Our opening hours are 7:30am-6:30pm; you will be expected to work shifts within these hours. Benefits include 23 days Annual Leave plus 10 paid Bank Holidays; regular tea/coffee/lunch breaks am and pm; free parking; free hot beverages; and free uniform will be provided.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 40hrs/wk; 7:30am-4:30pm (some flexibility in these hours is required)
Salary: Salary is competitive and is dependent on experience and qualifications
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Room Assistant in the Junior Preschool Room, you will work closely with the Room Leader and be a key member of the Sunflowers team, responsible for delivering high quality care and learning opportunities for young children, based on the needs and interests of those children. You will help the room leader to develop and implement curriculum and development plans for the toddlers in the room, manage the Junior Preschool Room environment, and take care of the health and well-being of these young children. You will work closely with the Manager, and your team of colleagues.
Some of your duties will be:
· Planning, implementing and documenting an Aistear-led, play-based curriculum
· Supporting the children’s play, and consequently their learning and development
· Managing and keeping up the learning environment
· Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues
· Ensuring health, safety and wellbeing of the children
· Maintaining professionalism at all times
· Having fun and preparing enjoyable learning experiences
The successful candidate must have:
· Fun nature and kind personality
· Qualification in childcare (minimum QQI level 5)
· 1-2 years previous experience working in a busy childcare setting
· Excellent interaction and communication skills – fluency in spoken/written English
· Experience of and desire to be a team player
· Flexibility, self-motivation, initiative and drive.
· Experience of dealing with challenging behaviours and special needs.
· Knowledge and experience of working with the Aistear Curriculum Framework.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Type: Contract