We are a well established Nursing Home based in Ballinasloe, County Galway. Our mission is to provide the best standard of quality care to our residents. If you would like to join our team to provide the care and active life we want for our residents and you have experience in these areas, we would like to hear from you.
Responsibilities and duties will include but are not limited to:
- Support and assist residents enabling them to fulfil their activities of daily living ensuring that residents are encouraged to be as independent as possible.
- Deliver a high standard of person-centred care ensuring all practices reflects the privacy, dignity and respect of our residents and underpins all the basic values that contribute to an excellent quality of life.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
- Participate in organising and carrying out social outings and in-house activities.
- Maintain resident’s dining rooms, living areas and bedrooms in a neat, presentable and hygienic state.
- Assist the management team during internal and external audits/inspections.
- Must be available to work day, night and weekend shifts on a fulltime basis.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have started or completed FETAC/QQI Major Award Level 5 in Healthcare or related field.
- Modules completed in Care of the Older Person, Infection Prevention & Control, Nutrition and Palliative Care Support are desirable.
- Current and valid Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling & Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).