Chemist – Technical Services
Full Time Permanent
Day’s – No Shift Work
I am currently working with a leading Waterford based Pharmaceutical company who are seeking an experienced Technical Services Chemist to join their team.
As a Technical Services Chemist, you will be responsible for providing analytical support to the Technical Services group, as well as assisting with analytical requirements when required by other departments within the company.
The ideal candidate will have working experience within a similar position along with working experience of HPLC/GC and dissolution testing.
· Prepare method transfer protocols and execute the same.
· Prepare method transfer reports.
· Develop and validate methods as required.
· Be involved in internal investigations e.g. Out of Specifications, Incidents & Deviation investigations etc.
· Ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with the required standards conforming to company, cGxP, SOPs, regulatory regulations and guidelines, safety and environmental guidelines.
· Identify and make recommendations for improvements as part of a team within or outside the department in order to ensure continuous improvement.
· Assist in the preparation of internal / customer/ regulatory inspections.
· Draft, review or revise documentation within the documentation management system
· Report any Deviations/Out of Specifications to Team Lead/ Manager.
· Implement safety requirements as per site documentation including SOPs, Safety Statement and COPs
· Report any defects or potential hazards.
Qualifications & Experience
· Qualified to a minimum of honours degree level in Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical science or related discipline.
· 2+ years’ experience working in a related technical environment
· Proficient in the use of HPLC/GC & associated problem solving
· Practical experience with Empower software
· Experience with method development/ validation/ transfers
· Proficient with dissolution testing
· Strong analytical ability
· Quality orientation
· Strong attention to detail is critical
· Ability to multitask & work under pressure, coping with more than one conflicting task at once.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
· Adaptability – maintain effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people
· Broad understanding of regulatory requirements for Method Validation and Transfer
· Analysis – secure relevant information and identify key issues and relationships from a base of information; relate and compare data from different sources, identifying cause-effect relationships.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Chemist who is looking to build a career in a fast-paced and exciting organisation. To find out more about this opportunity or arrange a confidential conversation please apply using the link below.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent