Procurement Manager required for a 12-month contract role based in Limerick with a leading multinational client. The successful candidate will report to the onsite Director
Duties of the role
- The role will be accountable for Supplier Management for a defined scope of spend responsibility
- Perform the role of Supplier Relationship Manager at an executive level for designated suppliers
- Partner with category management and Advance Sourcing (New Product Introduction) to ensure alignment and meet procurement goals across Quality, Service and Cost.
- Be an excellent business partner to a number of functions across the business, in particular supplier quality, manufacturing and planning teams both internally and in our 3rd party Manufacturers
- Partner with Supplier Quality to ensure alignment on supplier management and escalation processes.
- Upgrade supplier skills (transparent cost management, lean practices, emerging technologies, etc.)
- Keep up with supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing.
- Analyze overall system capabilities and develop and execute improvements in support of the end to end supply chain, to achieve lowest total cost of ownership.
- Manage a small team of Associates to support sourcing objectives and contribute to their continuous development.
- Assist in reporting on performance, recommending advancements, implementing new or changed procedures.
Education & Experience
- Third level degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering or Operations Management
- At least 4 years relevant experience in a procurement role managing Strategic Supplier Relationships preferred.
- CPIM or APICS an advantage
- People Management experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills - Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Exercise a high degree of business judgment and sound reasoning.
Interested candidates should submit an updated CV.
Please click the link below to apply, call Emma on 021- 4297900 or alternatively send an up to date CV email@example.com
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in Ireland***