Project Manager (Intermediate)
Project Manager: to take responsibility for the project management of sites in the public and private sector who will deliver excellent work to clients safely and within budget. You’ll have an energetic and proactive approach to your responsibilities and be able to demonstrate to us your expertise throughout the build. You’ll be highly qualified, with experience in project management roles or as a technical lead reporting directly to the project manager on engineering projects. You will have skills in managing client expectations, communicating and developing relationships with your colleagues, sub-contractors, and other key stakeholders.
The main responsibilities of the role are: -
- Lead in-house cross functional teams and sub-contractors through all phases of Software Development and Engineering Projects to successfully deliver them on time and on budget.
- Manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Interpret client requirements to create detailed project plans and scopes of work.
- Rationalize Project scopes and specification to identify the resources required for each Project.
- Prepare project schedules and allocate resources accordingly.
- Communicate effectively and manage key Stakeholders throughout the project lifecycles.
- Create and maintain key project documents, (Schedules, WBS, Budgets, Risk Registers, Progress Reports, Quality Plans, Issue logs, Change Orders Close-Outs, MSRA’s etc.)
- Attend kick-off and progress meetings both on-site and off-site with the client and the in-house project team.
- Manage conflict effectively and professionally and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Monitor the commercial performance of projects and take corrective action if necessary and manage procurement and invoicing relating to the projects.
- Identify opportunities and communicate them back to the sales and management teams.
- Support other functions within the organization with knowledge and lessons learned from previous projects to provide a technical or commercial edge on future projects.
- Contribute to continuous improvement process within the department and the organization
Experience and Skills Required
- Degree qualified (Electrical, Controls, Automation), but not essential.
- Minimum of a least two years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- Excellent communicator who builds strong relationships.
- Numerate with well-developed written and communication skills.
- Attention to detail ensuring the consistent delivery of high-quality projects.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- electrical : 2 years (Required)
- project management : 2 years (Required)
- Controls : 2 years (Preferred)