Bradbury House Ireland: Full-Time and Part-Time Social Care Workers "WANTED" (Mill House, Killeigh, Tullamore, Co. Offaly)
Bradbury House Ireland provide residential care for adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Disabilities. At Bradbury House Ireland, we provide the highest quality care for service users in accordance with the regulations and standards applicable, which is always person centred. We provide a high standard living environment that is safe, clean and comfortable.
· To promote a caring environment for service users through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs of the service users.
· To ensure that each service user receives care appropriate to their individual needs, service user plan and is always person centred.
· To undertake ‘Key-Worker’ responsibilities.
· Capacity to assess and develop individualised support plans.
· To undertake life-skills, programmes and activities are detailed in individual service user plans and timetables.
· To promote relationships which enable each service user to participate in the life of the local community to the best of their ability.
· To ensure the provision of healthcare arrangements which may include the recording and administration of prescribed medications.
· Encourage and support service users to live as fully and independently as possible within the local community, providing information, emotional, organisational and practical support and training as appropriate.
· Flexible to work relevant shifts including overnights and weekends as appropriate
· Contribute to the protection of service users from abuse, follow Bradbury House Ireland’s policies and procedures and comply with external guidance i.e. HSE, HIQA, etc
· Minimum level 6 related to Social Care
· Excellent working knowledge of HIQA regulations and standards and New Directions for Day Services.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills IT skills, Report Writing Skills, Systematic approach to make efficient use of time, Manage Workload, Good Planning Skills, Positive 'can do' attitude, Enthusiastic, reliable and flexible, Commitment to real community integration, Ability to initiate strong links within community.
· Support individuals to acquire valued social roles, Ability to cope with Challenging Situations, Manage and Supervise Staff, Self-Motivation and ability to use one's initiative
· Ability to work as part of a team and independently
· Previous experience within the area of social care or supporting individuals with disabilities.
· Complete Garda Vetting on application
· Full Clean Driving Licence (which permits the holder to drive in Ireland) is essential for all positions in the Bradbury House Ireland (Provisional Licences are NOT acceptable / Automatic Licences are NOT accepted).
· Eligibility to work in Ireland.
· Third Level degree as Social Care Worker
· Previous experience with supporting individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Disability.
· Experience of Supervising a Team.
CVs must provide full details of all relevant experience & Qualifications. Any gaps must be clarified.
Interviews will take place periodically in the coming weeks and positions offered in line with service need
Based in Tullamore area.
Reference ID: BHI01
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent