The main duties and responsibilities of this role will include:
- Partner with line management to ensure a complete understanding of business strategy & objectives.
- Proactively resolve HR & business issues to accelerate the execution of the business strategy & objectives.
- Provide a professional and credible HR service, ensuring smooth operational practices for all HR initiatives and services.
- Partner with line managers to ensure that peoples needs are met to optimise business performance.
- Act as a key business partner to the designated teams and key stakeholders within the business to ensure business performance targets are met. This includes advising on best practice, supporting the development and implementation of robust and appropriate people strategies and initiatives that deliver against current and future business requirements.
- Provide HR advice to Line Managers and employees throughout all stages of the employee life cycle, ensuring advice is legally compliant and in line with company policy & procedure.
- Management of full recruitment cycle from advertising, screening, interviewing.
- Support business communication strategy that is transparent and positive for all colleagues.
- Provide HR advisory service on disciplinary, grievance, employee relations issues. Prepare the weekly and monthly payroll files.
- Maintain and update in-house systems to ensure employee data is up to date and that information is available to support business planning and decision making.
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process.
- Honours Degree in HR, Business Studies or other related discipline is essential;
- 5 years’ previous experience
- Manufacturing, and experience of working in a unionised environment is preferable
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, coaching and communication skills
- Working knowledge of employment law is required
- Strong negotiation skills