Description of business unit
The Service Design team, within Technology Services, comprises of Availability, Capacity, IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM) and Business Continuity Management (BCM).
The team focus is on the critical IT Services and ensure they perform today, be prepared for the future and recover as expected if needed. We do this through close working relationships with our partners (internal and external) and a proactive approach to IT service management.
Purpose of the Role
We are constantly evolving the way we operate in Service Design to always focus on ensuring our critical services have robust continuity capability for today, tomorrow and into the future. Specifically for IT Service Continuity Management we strive to : -
- Align our process with the Group's needs - coordinating closely with our Group Resilience & Continuity team to ensure our focus is on services critical to the Group.
- Implement our service standards - ensuring critical IT services are delivering what the customers expect.
- Provide Assurance - through testing, verify the capability of critical services to recover within the Group's Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) and take appropriate action where deficiencies are highlighted
- Plan for the future -focus for the year ahead in ensuring we meet our ITSCM Test commitments, quality targets and our critical services are fully prepared for recovery.
Success for this role is ensuring we plan forward with an ITSCM 12-24 month recovery test calendar, focus on recovery test quality (with new and old technology), always pushing for higher business outcomes when we test, forming strong relationships and ways of working with IT and business stakeholders and acting as a lead contributor in the area of IT Service Continuity (and wider Service Design team)
- Planning forward 12-24 months of the recovery test schedule and demand.
- Acting as a lead for ITSCM across all teams, partners and business demand sources.
- Championing the ITSCM function and Service Design team.
- Owning, maintaining, measuring and educating multiple parties on the ITSCM management process, policy, controls and risks.
- Ensuring key partner SLA's are in place, appropriate and tracked against ITSCM requirements.
- Engaging with multiple stakeholders in the group, in and outside of IT.
- Acting as a lead contributor in the area of IT Service Continuity (and wider Service Design team)
What is the opportunity
You will be a key member of a team with a broad range of experience and backgrounds across IT and the Business. Service Design is a high energy team with a strong team bond, great cross team support and the ability to find joy and fun in what we do. You will also interact with a broad range of technology across a combination of internal teams and external teams.
You will not just manage a process... you will play a key part in :-
- Achieving Results & Solving Problems - we are a highly motivated team who are focused on achieving results, solving problems and finding ways to constantly improve.
- Delivering Quality & Serving Customers brilliantly - we have a broad set of technical skills & come from a wide variety of backgrounds. We are united in the prioritisation of first class service delivery to enable our colleagues, our communities and customers to thrive.
- Being Innovative - we pride ourselves on our creativity via a commitment to continually challenge ourselves to utilise new skills and capabilities into everything we do. There is always an opportunity to make it better.
- Continually improving yourself (as well as our IT Services) - this is a must for working in the Service Design team. We actively seek out industry trends, best practices, personal development opportunities and push for a constant learning environment.
- ITSCM/DR experience
- Experience in managing a service provider
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent understanding of the ITSCM processes and ITSCM recovery planning.
- Experience building IT recovery models and undertaking complex IT technical testing.
- Experience of delivering results through cross team collaboration
- Good IT systems knowledge and skills
- Proven experience in dealing with stakeholders across a range of business areas.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of IT systems and infrastructure
- ITIL Certification
- Comfortable with Cloud Services, technology and Cloud Service Management
- Understanding of BoI Group structure and IT systems
- Customer Focused - People Manager
- One Group, one team - People Manager
- Accountable - People Manager
- Amplify Capability - People Manager
- Manage Risk - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.