Our client, a subcontractor specialising in Pharmaceuticals, are seeking a Junior Site Engineer for an immediate start on their site in Ringaskiddy, Cork. The site consists of many on-going projects and the Junior Engineer will be trained by the existing Senior Engineers. This is the perfect role for any qualified engineer to make a start in the Irish Construction Industry.
A generous payment package is on offer for the right candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review detailed design, critique and communicate with designers to ensure adequate design is available for construction.
- Coordinate the development of design from designer’s details to approved workshop drawings or technical information from subcontractors.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality standards and implement the company's quality control procedures and project specific procedures.
- Follow direction as part of a team and attend meetings as required.-
- Ensure setting-out information is relevant and available in a format that can be easily communicated on site.
- Manage and lead a team of engineers and sub-contractors.
- Reading & interpreting drawings for layouts, materials measure etc.
- Management of subcontractors/general workforce on site.
- Planning works in an efficient manner to ensure program targets are achieved.
- Liaise with client’s representatives/Design Team members as appropriate.
- Ordering and control of materials on site.
- Maintaining the site records and records of discussions/meetings with designers and subcontractors
- Maximise profit through your day-to-day actions: good self-management, accuracy in own work, elimination of re-work and contractual awareness.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A third level degree in Civil Engineering
- A minimum of 6 months experience as a site engineer
- Experience working with a main contractor, subcontractor, surveying firm or similar preferred
- Good understanding of Irish Health, Safety and Environmental regulation
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project etc.
- Proactive and driven person with a strong desire to make progress backed by a strong level of construction knowledge.
If this seems like the role for you, please apply below! Alternatively, please call Ross on 087 - 965 1242.
Reference ID: WPC810
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent