Date: May 29, 2020
Location: Kilkenny, KK, IE
Site Health & Manager (Ballyragget)
Maternity Leave Contract (Fixed term 12 months)
Glanbia Ireland is a world class, ambitious, integrated agri-food and nutrition business, with a diverse portfolio of quality ingredients, leading consumer and agri brands with the proven talent to succeed in the global market.
Glanbia Ireland owns leading consumer and agri brands such as Avonmore, Kilmeaden Cheese, Premier Milk, Wexford, mymilkman.ie and GAIN Animal Nutrition. It processes a 2.6 billion litre milk pool from 21 counties and exports high quality dairy and agri ingredients as well as branded products to over 60 countries.
Located at our processing facility in Ballyragget, Co. Kilkenny this role will report directly into the Site Manager and will be an integral member of the Site Leadership Team. Responsible for leading, directing and delivering all activity in relation to Health & Safety across the site, this role will drive the development and progress of a positive Health and Safety culture on site, including compliance with standards, policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership across the organisation to foster H&S culture improvement
- Develop and implementation of the sites health and safety strategy and associated programmes and initiatives that improve the Health and Safety outcomes in alignment with the companies objectives.
- Ensure reporting of site H&S metrics & meeting target values
- Drive compliance of H&S procedures and the Site Safety Statement in compliance with Regulatory requirements.
- Ensure thorough investigation of the circumstances and causes of all significant incidents, reportable accidents, dangerous occurrences and major property damage.
- Champion Zero Harm initiative to improve the health and safety culture through training and awareness campaigns.
- Ensure that safety audits are carried out in conjunction with the Production Area Managers/Site and other relevant Managers in order to inspect and check plant, processes, procedures & practices.
- Conduct and implement programs relating to risk assessments (new product development and trials / new equipment and engineering requirements).
- Ensure that there is H&S involvement in pre-start up safety reviews and equipment walk-downs to identify relevant safety items.
- Review and revise employee, visitor and contractor safety induction programs.
- Provide and deploy a training strategy that covers off all the needs of the internal departments onsite
- Keep up to date with new legislation & standards
- Represent the Company during outside Agency Audits/Inspections and liaise as required with the Health & Safety Authority.
- Establish, co-ordinate and manage site Health and Safety committees
- Primary Degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent, in conjunction with a recognized Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Chartered member of IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) or equivalent qualification would be an advantage
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience at H&S Manager level within an FMCG manufacturing environment, ideally food manufacturing.
- Experience and proven capabilities in developing and implementing world class health and safety management systems to ISO45001 standards in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to deliver training modules to all levels of the organisation
- Experience in developing and implementing behavioural safety programmes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong influencing and negotiation skills. A demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at management and operator levels within a manufacturing organization
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the link with an up to date resume.
Glanbia Ireland is a Values Based Organisation - www.glanbia.com/careers