My client is a business currently seeking an e-money licence from the Central Bank of Ireland and building out it's senior management team in Dublin. The Head of Risk and Compliance will be one of the first hires to the Dublin operation.
Risk & Compliance Responsibilities
- Be main point of contact for compliance queries for the business and provide expert advice and guidance to business units
- Provide detailed reporting to the Global Head of Compliance & Risk on a regular basis
- Maintain formal governance and oversight of regulatory risk, identifying potential and actual risks and implementing effective risk treatments in conjunction with the business
- Assist in the assessment and review of new/emerging legislation/regulation including PSD2
- Develop and implement the compliance monitoring programme and perform specific reviews as required and as directed by the Head of Compliance & Risk
- These reviews may include third party / outsourced service providers
- Conducting risk assessments for gaps in internal policies and procedures
- Identification of Compliance breaches and ensuring prompt rectification
- Maintaining register for breaches, errors and complaints for regulated entities as directed
- Producing regulatory returns as required
- Producing and presenting risk and compliance reports for fund board meetings.
- Participate in project work as needs arise
- AML - Ensure compliance with the AML Framework in place, across all relevant business areas and jurisdictions;
- Enhance AML reporting and assist in the reporting to the Board of Directors and Senior Management;
- Experience of Data Protection Regulation.
- Ideally prior experience at PCF level – either Compliance/ Risk level - PCF-14 & PCF-15
- At least 8 years’ professional experience, ideally with at least 5 years in a regulated financial services business – mainly retail banking or payment operations
- Member of the Association of Compliance Officers Ireland is desirable.
- Desirable if they have prior exposure to payments operations, with an international scope
- Ability to work closely with a highly entrepreneurial group executive team and geographically dispersed group finance function, networking internally and building confidence
- Strong commercial judgment, outstanding eye for detail and good creative problem-solving ability
- Work from home opportunities
- Bonus scheme
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €90,000.00 to €130,000.00 /year
- Risk & Compliance: 5 years (Required)