The role is to work within the Property Management Division as a Building Services Engineer/Energy Manager.
Savills Property Management are looking to recruit a knowledgeable and skilled Building Services Engineer/Energy Manager with solid experience in delivering consultancy services in the sustainability arena including; energy auditing and building optimisation, post occupancy evaluation, and the provision of technical advice and guidance in other areas of low carbon consultancy with a focus on energy efficiency and low carbon technologies and their implementation in a wide range of sectors. The role requires strong sustainability, utility data and systems experience in the property industry. The candidate should also have some business development, technical management abilities and prior experience in fee generation.
Our sustainability management software is SavIQ and the successful candidate will be managing and developing this data management system both internally and as a service offering to clients.
The successful candidate will join a growing dynamic team, with real opportunity for development and progression.
Your permanent location will be our Dublin head office, and the role will include some limited travel to client’s properties and Savills offices throughout the country.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing technical engineering & sustainability support to clients in a wide range of areas including:
- building performance and building optimisation
- energy auditing and options development
- Technoeconomic assessment
- sustainability strategies
- renewable energy feasibility studies
- whole life carbon assessment
- Managing and growing SavIQ, our sustainability data management system
- Planning, completion and write-up of operational building level environmental and energy audits
- Managing resources, deliverables and budgets on projects
- Providing advice to clients and design teams on the most cost-effective and beneficial route to compliance
- Identifying potential clients, discussing needs and preparing bid documents
- Client presentations and client management
- Facilitating workshops with a broad range of stakeholders
- Climate adaptation / mitigation strategies
- Ideally candidate would be qualified or progressing to BEng / MEng, in mechanical engineering, building services, a qualified Certified Energy Manager or energy related field
- Strong understanding of building services and preferably, common industrial processes; with strong experience in property management sector
- Experience of working with design teams on a range of commercial and public sector projects
- Confident with an ability to assimilate within a team and collaborate fully to help develop the business
- Competent in Microsoft Office and Windows applications
- Understanding of and ability to apply building certification tools such as LEED, BREEAM, WELL.
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external clients
- Excellent presentation & facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary
- High level of energy with lots of drive and enthusiasm
- Working in an organisation that holds ethical behaviour and professional conduct as sacrosanct, the challenge will be to operate as part of a fast paced team, be capable of performing at a high level whilst committing to an ethos of continuous personal and professional development.