An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our friendly and innovative team within the Cork Eye Clinic.
Cork Eye clinic was established in 2014. Operating from our state of the art fully equipped suites we have been treating thousands of patients. We strive to provide the highest standard of care possible to our patients. Patients are treated with integrity, dignity and respect.
We are looking for those with excellent communication skills, who are able to use their own initiative to ensure outstanding patient care and service. A highly motivated individual who can work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
You must be able to work under pressure alone and as part of a team, and remain kind and compassionate in your work.
We wish to employ a nurse practitioner with demonstrable experience to manage patients in the clinic setting and support with the undertaking of diagnostic tests.
Full training in the use of ophthalmic equipment will be provided.
If you are a Registered Nurse with an interest in Ophthalmology, who is keen to work with a great team in a patient focussed environment, then please contact us.
This position is permanent subject to a probationary period
Main Duties: -
Assistance to the Doctors and Optometry functions;
· Performance of Ophthalmic Diagnostic Testing
· Assistance with management of patients during consultations
· Assistance with the clinic administrative functions
· Assistance with management of patients on day of procedures
· Responsible for ensuring all specialist Ophthalmology equipment is maintained and calibrated
· Performing regular checks and liaising with the manufacturers/service providers on behalf of the clinic
· Registration in the General Division of the live register of nurses kept by the NMBI
· 12 months recent acute hospital experience
· Previous experience in the area of ophthalmology is desirable but not essential.
· Demonstrable commitment to patient Safety & Quality
· Have experience of working in a multi-disciplinary clinical environment
· IT skills are desirable
· An interest in Clinical Research and Audit would also be an advantage.
· We are looking for a person with a strong service ethic.
Reports to: -
Working Hours: -
Up to 35 hours.
The clinic hours are Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm
Reference ID: Ophthalmic Nurse Practitioner
Application deadline: 1/6/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent