Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
This position will report into the Executive Director of the PMO function. While there will be no direct reports, this position will manage cross-functional, matrixed group of professionals within in the CFO organization that will be assigned as SME’s, stakeholders, customers on specific projects. As such, good matrix management skills and ability to drive diverse teams towards a common purpose and goal is an important requirement of this position. This position will also have budget responsibility and be responsible for developing business cases, business plans, and operational and financial metrics associated with the various projects within the program.
While there is a significant operational component to this role, given that this is a center-of-excellence group position, this position is also a key thought leader within the PMO function that will be expected to influence stakeholders (internal and external) as the PMO Center of excellence continues to develop. As such, this position will also be responsible for setting up parts of the PMO COE as it relates to efforts like aligning terminology, standardizing life cycle methodologies, creating standard processes etc. It is also anticipated this position will chair a senior level steering committees that provides the appropriate level of governance for projects that this position will be responsible for.
This position will also course-correct strategies at key points to ensure relevancy and impact.
The ideal candidate should have strong experience leading diverse teams and be well versed in project and program management techniques and methodologies. In addition, we are looking for someone that has a passion for leading matrixed teams and driving complex cross functional projects. This position will liaise extensively with key stakeholders across the CFO organization (FP&A, Treasury, Tax, Operations, Engineering, IT, Internal Audit) – as such, having strong communication skills, stakeholder influencing abilities, strategic thinking, business and financial acumen are key.
- Manage a series of critical business focused projects within the CFO organization. As part of the Corporate PMO center of excellence, develop integrated and detailed plans for executing projects leveraging corporate standards, processes and methodologies.
- Responsible for organizing the various projects in terms of scopes of work, schedules, business plans and cost estimates. Ensures achievement of all project milestones through rigorous schedule management. Creates appropriate contingency management and risk plans to ensure achievement of program milestones.
- Leads the execution of the projects, initiative’s and policy change in a disciplined manner ensuring program objectives with respect to budget, schedule and impact/quality are met or exceeded.
- Develop and implement standardized project management process within the program that is applied across all the work streams.
- Ensures and manages effective business governance process on the effort to support day-to-day performance of the effort. Chairs appropriate senior level steering committee that ensures appropriate level of governance on the effort.
- C reates and publishes routine dashboards and reports that effectively communicate progress, risk and achievements of the overall project.
- Ensures all executed projects adhere to the define project management process and meet the requirement standards for planning and execution.
- Oversees the process for realization and capture of benefits of projects that are under purview.
- Facilitates cross-site, cross-functional interactions and provide support to ensure positive conflict and issue resolution at the program team level.
- Manages and coordinates lessons learned efforts on individual projects- ensures lessons learned are communicated across project managers, and the PMO COE to ensure a culture of continuous learning.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- BA or BS degree in a technical or business discipline with minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience; Past experience on Project/Program/Portfolio management preferred.
- Past experience in biotech/pharmaceutical company preferred, due to nature of change initiatives requiring an understanding of regulations and guidance’s.
- High degree of customer focus and collaboration in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to manage through influence.
- Good business skills including budget management experience.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills including project management.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage various priorities and timelines and to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Demonstrates leadership in managing for high performance, attracting talent and communicating effectively to influence with impact.
- Influence – the ability to collaborate with colleagues and ensure they understand the vision, mission and execution to support the business objective.
- Strong teamwork and facilitation – effective at being a member of teams. Listens actively and responds constructively to needs and views of others.
- Delivery – gets the job done. exhibits a sense of urgency on critical time-dependent issues
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and is persistent to achieve the business objective
- Ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels effectively, including executives with differing priorities
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.