DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Process Engineering Team Leader.
DePuy Synthes has a long-standing dedication to advancing patient care and has become a global leader in orthopaedic devices and supplies, including hip, knee, extremity, cement and operating room products.
Creating the future of healthcare in our innovation centre in Cork this role is part of the engineering team supporting material science, advance technology development, digital systems, new products, manufacturing technology deployment and sustaining engineering.
YOU will be part of a talented team who develop an integrated capability to deliver engineering excellence and innovation performance of our local and global engineering teams, supporting approximately $10 billion in sales revenue and $3.6 billion cost of goods produced.
Organizational interfaces: Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, QA, Maintenance, Facilities, Toolroom, Technology Development Engineering, Materials Engineering, Outside Suppliers and other DePuy Synthes Manufacturing and Design Sites.
Responsible for leading a team providing engineering support to manufacturing operations and contributing towards key business drivers such as HSE, Quality, Supply and Cost.
- Support attainment of key business metrics through the provision of engineering support for value stream processes.
- Talent development of team members through coaching, training and personalised developments plans.
- Business plan development through the identification and execution of projects and savings in areas such as Quality, Capacity, Scrap and Consumables reduction.
- Develop stable and capable manufacturing processes through a structured process development approach.
- Actively promote a safety culture.
- Management of tasks and action plans relating to corrective and preventative actions assigned to the team.
- Manage contractors / vendors working on site to ensure full compliance with site safety requirements.
- Management of the engineering budget for the areas of responsibility.
- Manage the consumables budget through the execution of the activities committed to in the Business Plan meeting financial targets.
- Lead a structured approach to scrap reduction within the value streams through data capture, analysis and problem-solving meeting commitments made in the Business Plan.
- Provide process input into the value stream mapping process which is used to develop the business plan for the value stream.
- Provide updates to management on a weekly and monthly basis in relation to financial performance in the areas of scrap and consumables.
- Support day to day operations through attendance at pulse walks and the timely closure of actions across the team.
- Provide support to the team in Root Cause Analysis of supply and quality issues as they arise through tools such as 8D and Six Sigma.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities ensuring projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
- Provision of clearly defined responsibilities and objectives to team members
- Definition and execution of individual performance improvement and development plans for team members in-line with the Plant strategic imperatives and objectives.
- Provision of effective performance reviews in a timely manner
- Provision of continuous support and mentoring to the team members.
- Identification of training needs of staff and opportunities for development to maximize their potential.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Engineering team.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the Engineering team.
- Ensure timely closure of quality actions such as Training, Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s across the team.
- Ensure all process development and validation activities within the team are managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Provide direction and support for the development of validation strategies.
- Work with Manager to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science subject area, with 8+ years proven experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues and provide practical and efficient engineering solutions.
- Previous people management experience.
- Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
- Certification in Six Sigma or Statistical Engineering.
- Strong people management, mentoring & coaching skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good Problem-Solving skills.
- Drive, energy and passion for delivering to commitments.
- Excellent planning & organisation skills with an attention to detail.
- Extent of confidentiality - discretion is important in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
INDHP Primary Location
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386) Job Function
Engineering Requisition ID