Data Protection Officer
Permanent 0.5 WTE
(Under the Governance of Mercy University Hospital Cork CLG.)
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy in the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). It also addresses the transfer of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas. The Data Protection Officer will advise on our compliance with GDPR and local data protection laws, monitor our adherence to GDPR standards and act as a point of contact with supervisory authorities and data subjects.
Responsibilities - The post holder will be responsible for;
- Act as point of contact with EU residents, supervisory authorities and internal teams
- Identify and evaluate the company’s data processing activities
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the company
- Participate in meetings with managers to ensure privacy by design at all levels
- Ensure we address all queries from data subjects within legal timeframes (e.g. delete their information from our databases)
- Perform audits and determine the need to alter our procedures to comply with regulations
- Arrange for training on GDPR compliance for employees
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Experience in data protection and legal compliance is essential
- Work experience in data protection and legal compliance desirable
- Solid knowledge of GDPR and national data protection laws
- Knowledge of data processing operations in the company’s sector is preferable
- Familiarity with computer security systems
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ethical, with the ability to remain impartial and report all non-compliances
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
Closing Date for applications Wednesday 3rd June 2020
Mercy University Hospital reserve the right to form a panel from this campaign.