- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer
- Experience developing automation in at least one of the OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python
- Demonstrated experience in framework design and development
Amazon has a vast global operations workforce; the people who run the fulfilment centres, transportation hubs, and customer service for the company. Amazon believes strongly that technology is the best way to find and grow the best workers for these positions. The High Volume Hiring (HVH) program focus is on automation of recruiting process to drive the recruiting and the on-boarding at the hundreds of thousands per year scale. HVH builds features, enhancements, and enables synergy through integrations to seek benefits for World Wide Operations/Fulfilment Centres and Customer Service. Due to the high volume of transactions, bulk processing through asynchronous execution is used extensively in HVH. The HVH team continues to seek out creative solutions via either AWS technologies (Lambda, DynamoDB, etc.), external technologies, or a mixture of both. If you have the drive, tenacity, entrepreneurial spirit, and most importantly the day 1 spark to take on ambiguous problems head on, in a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
As part of our growth and expansion, we are building new services on Native AWS from ground up. Our services will handle all phases of the hiring process from job creation, search, and application to all the way candidate day 1 experience.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will drive the development of services and integrations with external parties, that will serve millions of applicants aspiring to work at Amazon. You will own automation of business processes using proven as well as evolving AWS services and other technologies to create a friction free customer experience. Your services will have the highest standards and be available 24x7, scale under massive load, and perform consistently.
In this role you will -
- Be a technical leader that is not afraid to challenge the norms and innovate.
- Execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Develop relationships with internal and external partner teams to move fast.
- Help establish the long-term success strategy for your systems, development best practices, and operational excellence processes.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure your strategies are in alignment with the rest of the development teams.
- Develop junior and new team members by mentoring them on multiple fronts.
We want you if -
- You strive to build highly available, scalable, and performant tier-one services to power responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences for customers.
- You have high standards and drive a culture of excellence, grow and mature a young team to take them to the next level.
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, and equally adept at communicating upwards and downwards.
- You are curious, love problem-solving, diving deep, collect data to make well informed decisions, but use sound judgement in the face of insufficient data.
- You follow the latest technologies and motivate your teams to innovate.
- You have strong leadership qualities, and a track record of delivering great solutions.
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented design, distributed system architecture, and various AWS technologies.
- Experience of successfully mentoring junior SDEs.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Experience in designing large-scale multi-tier web applications.