EARLY PHASES OF THIS SELECTION PROCESS WILL BE CONDUCTED BY TELEPHONE AND VIDEO LINK.
Rosie & Jim is an Irish-owned family business established in 1997. We are a ‘further processing’ company, producing a range of high quality, gluten-free chicken products for the Irish and European markets. Given limited exposure to the UK, we are, by and large, Brexit-resistant.
We employ over 40 people at our modern production facility, located five minutes from the M50 Red Cow roundabout. We are currently mid-way through a construction/expansion project which will double the size of the production area – proof of our sustained success, our willingness to invest in facility, up-to-date equipment and good people, and our growth direction.
We are keen to add an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join our small Engineering team. Although reporting to the Engineering Manager, your own skills, initiative and creativity will play a key role in the in the successful running of our business.
Our ideal candidate would have previous experience in the further processing food environment. We are, however, more interested in core skills than we are direct experience of our equipment. If you are a gifted engineer, with experience of the kind of engineering “building blocks” that make up any varied industrial environment, then you will learn our specifics quickly. We would like to hear from you in that event.
On the processing side, our up-to-date equipment includes deep fat fryers, spiral freezers, coating equipment. In packing we have multi-head weighers, VFFS baggers and tray packing. More is soon to be added. In plant we have various refrigeration types, air handling, thermal oil, compressed air, etc. And there is, of course, a building to maintain.
This is full time, permanent position working a 40 hour week, Monday to Friday, with occasional overtime on the weekends.
- Minimum 10 years post apprenticeship industrial experience.
- Food experience is preferred but a background in a similarly varied industry would certainly be considered. We are looking for someone with experience in a wide range of engineering building blocks for they will learn our specific processes quickly
- Good electrical troubleshooting skills (relating to the issues common to a working production environment)
- Good communication skills. Fluent English, written and spoken
- Decent computer literacy. CMMS system navigation, good Google searcher, short report writing.
Please apply with CV and cover letter in confidence.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent