Staff Nurse required for Private Nursing Home in Lucan Co Dublin. Working 7 x 12.5 hour shifts per fortnight. Our Nursing home offers great employment and training opportunities. We are committed to attracting and retaining professional & dedicated staff to help us provide the highest level of care possible to our residents.
- To maintain a high standard of nursing care.
- To develop clinical expertise, leadership and teaching skills through nursing practice
- To share responsibility with the nursing team for the management of nursing care and the patients environment under the direction of the Clinical Nurse Manager 1.
- To maintain a high standard of professional and ethical responsibility.
- To provide and maintain effective, individualised nursing care by;
- Preparing and up-dating the nursing care plans within a nursing framework.
- Assisting the medical staff in their treatment of patients through the coordination of care treatments provided by other disciplines and integrating these into the care plan.
- Acting as a primary/associate nurse in giving skilled nursing care and treatment for caseload of patients.
- Involving the patients relatives in teaching and supervising them in nursing techniques in preparation for discharge.
- Utilise assessment skills and techniques to determine patients’ needs on admission
- Complete and document the nursing admission assessment in a thorough and accurate manner into the electronic assessments and care plans.
- Re-assess the patient’s condition on an on-going basis
- Assess the need for patient/family instruction
- Document plans of care based on patient needs in the electronic care plan system.
- Update the computer plans of care based on patient needs
- Collaborate with other health team members in planning care
- Provide safe, comprehensive nursing care
- Know and practice according to established legal requirements policy and procedures
- Establish care priorities based on nursing/medical patients problems
- Perform procedures accurately, completely and safety
- Maintain a safe environment for patients
- Respect the dignity and confidence of patients
- Function quickly and effectively in an emergency situation
- Adapt to changing workload
- Deal with ward incidents in accordance with unit policy. Accurately record and report details
- Document according to policy and procedures
- Report verbally and document in computer pertinent patient care information to appropriate nursing/medical personnel
- Communicate appropriately with patients/relatives and colleagues and other members of the health care team
- Approach interpersonal relationship in a manner that avoids antagonism, reduces conflict and prevents undue anxiety
- Recognise self - limitations and request assistance.
- Support the philosophy, objectives and goals of the Nursing Home
- Follow appropriate lines of authority by discussing issues firstly with the clinical Nurse Manager and the CNM 2
- Demonstrate flexibility by assisting in other areas of the Homes needed
- Use time effectively
- Show ability to delegate work to the other members of the team
- Use discretion for decision making regarding patient care
- Display initiative
- Report on-going problems to the Clinical Nurse Manager 2
- Demonstrate ability to teach and guide more junior staff
- Show interest in Post Graduate Education/Self Development
- Attend required standard number of Study Days in the year
- Experience and Qualifications Required
- Applications should be fully registered with An Bord Altranais and on their live register.
- Ideally have experience in the area of geriatrics and dementia care..
- Fluent English and excellent communication skills.
- Must be living in Ireland and permitted to work here.