Our client is the EU Agency for the improvement of living and working conditions. They are a research-based organisation, focusing on social policy issues.
- This role will allow the successful candidate to work from home initially.
Job purpose and context
Role: editing and writing for web and print and assisting in the publications process. The editor will work in a small team within the Information and Communication Unit. The role requires a high level of collaboration and joint working within and between teams.
The core responsibility of this role is ensuring the quality of English-language publications for web and print. This involves many aspects of editorial production, including:
- rewriting, editing and proofreading written material of all kinds for output in print and online forms
- working with data and managing its presentation
- carrying out the editorial production process, in line with editorial procedures
- reviewing the work of external editors and coordinating this work in the production process
- cooperating with authors and research managers, advising on editorial treatment and quality, and briefing them on guidelines, style and templates
- other information and communication tasks as required
The professional background and attributes required are:
- an excellent level of written English, highly accurate in spelling, grammar and punctuation;
- experience in writing and editing in English for online and print output to a high standard and with extreme attention to detail;
- qualifications and/or three years’ relevant professional experience, including work both on the web and on long-format texts for print;
- strong skills in all relevant IT applications- in particular, Word, Excel, with image-editing and data visualisation skills an advantage;
- good knowledge of the publication process
- a track record of working cooperatively within a team and taking on responsibility
Candidates will also ideally have:
- a good knowledge of EU affairs
- an understanding of research, research processes and the utilisation of research results
- project management ability
This is a four to six month contract initially.