ICT Support Administrator - Level 1
At ABTRAN we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company’s growth. As the ICT Support Administrator, you will be responsible for providing desk-side IT support in our Mahon and Model Farm Road office as well as resolving Service Desk tickets across the five Abtran sites. You will be expected to maintain a high level of customer service for internal and client users.
Let us tell you more about this great opportunity:
You will play a key role in Answering and recording all reported incidents and requests from internal and external customers via the ICT helpdesk function and ensure Abtran and the Client Service Level Agreements are met. Monitor the status and progress toward the resolution of all open incidents and keeping customers that are affected informed about the progress. Proactively suggest (and implement as appropriate) system, software, technology upgrades across the business and thereby improving on the efficiency of service/systems uptime.
How you will spend your day:
- Managing work and ServiceDesk tickets in accordance with the procedures outlined by management.
- Escalating where needed issues to the ICT team as required.
- Resolving confirming and closing ICT tickets for incidents as per the team's Service Level Agreement.
- Providing Helpdesk cover as required.
- Providing flexible on-call cover as per the on-call schedule set out by your Manager.
- Flexible around working out of office hours on short notice due to business needs.
- Providing 1st level ICT support to resolve or escalate ICT incidents as appropriate.
- Providing information systems and telephony administration support.
- Providing escalation’s support to ICT Teams and Vendor Teams as required.
- Contribute to the enhancing of Service Desk procedures and policies.
- Maintain a consistent focus on the quality of service to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
Person Spec & Competencies:
Essential Qualifications, Training, and Experience:
Specifically, the IT Support Administrator will have:
- 2 or more years’ experience in ICT Support with an organization of 50+ users.
- Experience in an ICT Service Desk and incident management processes.
- Administration of Active Directory.
- Knowledge of LAN, TCP/ IP, Ethernet switch basic configuration.
- Moving and re-patching PCs, IP phones, and other Hardware.
- Extensive experience supporting MS Windows workstations, printers, and standard end-user applications e.g. MS Office.
- Cloud experience such as MS Office 365 is desired.
Desired Qualifications, Training, and Experience:
- ICT Technical Qualification (MCP, CCNA, etc.)
- A third level ICT Qualification
- Experience of ITIL processes
- Personal Attributes required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Good Team Player
- Can work unsupervised and on own initiative
- Excellent investigative, problem solving, and follow-through skills.
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
We’ve told you what you will do for us, now let us tell you what we will do for you:
At Abtran once you join us you become part of a team and part of an amazing community. We believe in nurturing and inspiring our people. We offer training on many different topics in professional development and personal development. Our Learning Management System has been recognised as the ‘Most Innovative Use of Technology’ in the HR Leadership & Management Awards. We believe in motivating our people to meet their goals and progress in their careers and are big on internal promotions. There are so many opportunities for progression and have had many success stories this year and in previous years.
Some other employee benefits include:
- Wellbeing programme focused on our people’s health and wellness
- Health Discount Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Discounts
- Life Cover
- Development Programmes to support your progression
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Leap Card Tax Saver
- Maternity Pay & Paternity Pay
We are proud of the community we have built; we work together in our day to day roles and also through employee initiatives such as our Charity Club, Sports & Social Committee, LGBT Society, and Abtran FC Soccer Team. Employee engagement is big at Abtran with events and activities happening all the time to make work fun. We believe in a good work-life balance but while you are here, we want to make it as enjoyable as possible.
What you need to do now:
If you are hungry to succeed in a growing organisation, have the desired background we would like to hear from you now.