PRL Recruitment have been engaged to recruit an* Experienced Freight Transport Planner* for a client based in Greenogue Business Park, Dublin 24.
Our Client operates a comprehensive warehousing, distribution and freight-forwarding network, servicing the Irish, UK, European and US markets with tailor-made delivery solutions. As the international freight and supply partner of choice for a host of household brands, our bespoke service is used to reach global markets in the food, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, plastics, chemicals, industrial and electronics industries.
- The role*
- Regular contact with imports /export departments to ensure that the shipping instructions are being followed and accurate transport documents are received.
- Arranging & dispatching shipping documentation to customers.
- Liaise with other departments such as customer service, bookings, warehouse, hauliers
- Building strong relationships with drivers & warehouse staff to coordinate shipments and highlight any extra customer requirements.
- Resolving any customer complaints.
- Taking calls from customers and dealing with all emails in a timely manner, be the point of contact for all hauliers and liaising daily to ensure required service is being provided
- Deal with suppliers and customers ensuring quality of service and managing any complaints or service issues/requests that might arise.
- Work within the freight transport planning team to ensure we provide an excellent and timely delivery service.
- Update all systems in a timely manner to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Manage the cost associated with the transport activities associated with the transport used.
The ideal candidate must have experience in transport planning in Ireland, ideally in Freight Transport Planning
- Relevant IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Excel and experience with SAP and Azyra operating systems.
- Developed Administration skills
- Excellent work ethic and strong attention to detail.
- Customer service oriented.
- Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities and experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment is an absolute must.
- Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external clients and colleagues.
What will you get?
Fixed term contract with a global industry leader
- Opportunity for progression and personal development
- Onboarding training
- Salary €30-32000 pro rata depending on experience
- Working hours Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
- Opportunity to start ASAP
If you do not meet the essential requirements as outlined in this advert, we regret that we are unable to process your application.
Reference ID: SP1016
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: €30,000.00 to €32,000.00 /year
- Freight Transport Planning: 1 year (Required)