Shaw Academy is the #1 provider of personalised accredited education at scale, educating thousands of new students every month. The Product team aims to deliver a superior engaging experience to students across a broad spectrum of touchpoints. This means working closely with colleagues in India and South Africa to ensure we have the right strategy, customer journey, insights and capabilities that will enable us to create and track value; and deliver a great experience across the end to end student /customer lifecycle.
We are about to embark on a massive scaling programme, extending the breadth and scope of our courses and building exciting innovative products to drive student experience and around class interactivity.
The Product Manager role reports to the Chief Product Officer and will own aspects of strategy and planning, roadmap development, user requirement definition and project management of the product roadmap and will be responsible for optimizing our course presentation and delivery to market.
New Product Development
· Ensure key initiatives have defined customer needs, clearly articulated business metrics and time-based success metrics that are agreed with key stakeholders
· User testing of new product development features using a variety of methodologies to achieve this
· Engage the UI design team early in the product development process, from concepts through to development, support the development teams during each release cycle to clarify requirements, make priority calls, review test plans and coordinate with communications to update necessary content
· Manage product roadmap and translate high level strategies into manageable stories and product backlog for existing key feature and upcoming new features
· Work with the Education and Marketing team on optimising the process of delivering new courses to the market including working through improvements on the student journey.
· Owning the student experience onsite and in app– an important aspect of this role will be the definition and delivery of the student’s experience as they journey through our app and website and building features that improve that experience and challenge existing solutions
· Supporting the Education content challenge – education is our product this role will support how we maximise and continually optimise display, content and student interaction across all product platforms.
· Product Performance Analyst: responsibility for understanding whether our new product features are performing
· Co-ordinate competitor and market product activity (specifically in-life experience) monitoring and continuously assess strengths, weaknesses and opportunities
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Online product management experience is essential (5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Technical Product Manager, Product Manager, Product Owner or similar role)
· Demonstrable experience and knowledge of the product lifecycle; exposure to owning aspects of the process including initial idea generation and conceptual stage, through to build, test and launch, and/or the in-life management of a product – identifying and executing rapid iterations to ensure continued success
· Customer Centric: students are our ‘customer’ at the centre of our product services. It is critical that the Product manager has a focus on how our students interact with us, using data and insights to ensure we develop a pipeline of compelling features and products that engage and deepen the relationship with our student
· Analytical and reporting skills
· Research – understanding of different forms of research to gain student insights and product feedback
· Degree level education
· Interest in learning and keeping up to date with relevant topics in Edtech and other industries which maximise experience on subscription and other platforms.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent