Production Unit Operations Manager
Our client, a global leader in medical devices is recruiting for a Production Unit Manager to join the team. This is due to continued expansion of operations. The successful candidate will provide overall leadership to the Production Unit Organisation ensuring Quality, Customer and Cost goals are achieved. The role reports directly to the Site Director of Production. Key Responsibilities:
- Sets aggressive department goals that support the current LRP objectives.
- Optimises the use of SAP technology and other planning systems to achieve customer service level and financial targets.
- Plans and allocates resources to ensure optimisation of customer service targets, inventory levels, procurement delivery and costs.
- Promotes quality and customer satisfaction as a way of life in all department activities.
- Use the tools and resources available to meet customer production needs based upon sales forecast.
- Brings together functional resources to meet production objectives.
- Develops, manages and monitors department budgets.
- Drives functional excellence initiatives, delivers high quality functional deliverables.
- Possess a broad in-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes and systems and has demonstrated the ability to specify appropriately.
- Intuitively identifies technical risks and acts proactively to reduce negative impact on product and projects. Insures compliance in all of our practices and procedures.
- Partners with Finance, Human Resources, Quality and Production Planning to optimise department performance. Champions effective employee relations and communication within the department.
- Demonstrates a flexible management style and is adept at utilising the appropriate style for the given situation. Provides guidance and training to staff, assists subordinates in attaining career goals, motivates individuals to achieve results, and recruits and maintains a high quality staff.
- Fosters and recognises continuous improvement initiatives within the department.
- Nurtures a risk taking environment and encourages employees to reach for new milestones.
- Ensures department adherence to regulatory and GMP requirements.
- Understands and proactively follows through on the Environmental Management Procedures that have been identified as relevant to position.
- Works with EHS to identify significant environmental impacts of operations and to establish goals and targets around significant environmental impacts.
- Determines appropriate staff levels, schedules and resources. Establishes cross-functional team relationships. Provides an overview of the function and role of his/her group, technical skill sets, to other groups and/or divisions. Works cross-functionally in identifying and resolving technical issues.
Qualifications/Experience and skills
- lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/
- Bachelor Degree (HETAC level 8) in Industrial engineering/Science/Engineering/ Manufacturing or a relevant field
- Masters/MBA desirable but not a prerequisite
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience with progressive managerial responsibilities
- Excellent leadership, presentation and communication skills are a must
firstname.lastname@example.org Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website –
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.