We are expanding our 24/7/365 Global Service Desk based in Castlebar Co. Mayo.
We are looking for suitable candidates who have prior service desk experience and willing to work to a shift pattern.
- Resolve customer (technical) issues using the tools and systems
- Respond to all support requests in a prompt, professional and courteous manner
- Accountable for quality and efficiency aspects of each customer query, in line with customer expectations.
- Be a central part of identifying improvement opportunities
- Complete follow-on actions as appropriate
- Invoke escalation procedure both technical and non-technical in a prompt and timely manner.
- Responsible for logging calls reported to the Service Desk via Telephone or Email.
- Resolving 1st line support calls, including AD Admin, Permissions, Application Support, escalating to 3rd Parties where necessary.
- Following IT procedures e.g. ITIL and strictly complying with our Policies.
- Produce Management Information as required by the IT Manager.
- Monitor incident and request progress against SLA targets, liaising with support groups and keeping users informed of progress
- Quality check and close resolved support calls with agreement of user
- Use remote access software to interrogate end user PCs to identify and rectify technical issues
- Appropriate second or third level qualification or ITIL certified/trained an advantage, able to demonstrate appropriate significant and relevant experience in a similar role.
- Good working knowledge of PC technologies used in one or more of the following hardware platforms: Desktops/Laptops/Mobile Phone
- Good to excellent working knowledge of one or more current operating systems and one or more of Microsoft or other applications like Office, MSX, SQL,and/or other manufacturers software.
- Working knowledge of network client installation, configuration and troubleshooting issues.
- An understanding of network server roles (For non Server/storage functions).
- Confidence in interpreting these in order to troubleshoot customer issues.
- A clear understanding of the dependencies between operating systems and/or driver versions and revisions, and an ability to provide customers with correct combinations in form of software fixes. An understanding of how to install these correctly.
- Excellent customer service skills; this includes language proficiency and communication skills, good writing skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good written skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and planning skills.
- Strongly team-focused
- Commitment to self development and may assist in development of others