The position will focus on all aspects of process improvement including process capability, yield, lead-time and productivity to deliver sustainable innovative engineering solutions. This role requires the person to be able to communicate, influence and persuade at all levels.
- Leading Lean and Kaizen process improvement initiatives
- Identification, analysis, correction and optimisation of process limitations and risks
- Preparation of reports and risk assessments, provision of technical support to process and product development
- Contributing to process improvement through the use of quality tools and measurements
- Involvement in testing and approving new machines / materials / specs
- Liaising and supporting sales teams
- Providing customer site support
- Providing support to Divisional team members as required
- As part of the Site Team, the Process Engineer project manages all elements of process improvement in terms of process capability, and product attributes.
- Proactively share updates and ensure all deliverables / dependencies are highlighted.
- Demonstrates some technical expertise on process/product technologies to support optimisation, validation and troubleshooting of, and working with site teams in problem resolution on those technologies.
- Continuous improvement focus, demonstrating knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies and applies these tools in the characterisation, optimisation and troubleshooting of process equipment and technology performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of Lean methodologies, and process improvement tools in identification and elimination of "waste" process steps and development of efficient, cost effective equipment and processes.
- Liaise with Equipment Engineering or external equipment/tooling or material vendors in the selection, design & development of new (or upgrades to existing) equipment, tooling and materials.
- Co-ordinates the introduction of new processes, equipment and materials as well as all associated process and quality system documentation requirements including technical and process work instruction updates etc.
- Understands and complies with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- Travel to other sites / vendors as part of Technology development & transfer activities.
Education & Qualifications:
- A Graduate Degree in Engineering – Production /Industrial/ Mechanical with up to 2 years' work experience.
- Confident attitude with the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels
- Computer literate to a high level in Microsoft Office applications & Vision
- Ability to communicate, influence and persuade at all levels
- Willingness to develop technical skill set
- Self-motivated, shows initiative and ability to multi task
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €50,000.00 to €55,000.00 /year