Job Description Main duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure residents hygiene/personal care needs are maintained to the highest standards.
- To assist residents with mobilising as appropriate and ensure correct aids are used.
- To assist residents with eating and drinking as required and to assist in the preparation and serving of meals.
- To report any changes in residents condition to the trained nurse.
- To adhere to all national and local health and safety policies and guidelines.
- To be familiar with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1989.
- To treat residents as individuals and respect their preferences and choices as far as possible.
- To carry out practical duties only when competent to do so.
- To attend mandatory training and other training as directed by the trained nursing staff.
The right person must have the following:
- Fetac Level 5 Care of the Elderly
- Manual and Patient Handling Certificate
- Two written references (one being from previous employer)
- Excellent English
- Must be permitted to work in the EU
If you are interested in applying for a Care Assistant position at Bishopscourt, please forward your Curriculum Vitae and application form to email@example.com.