Our client, a leading Engineering Consultancy Firm, is looking for a Field / BCAR Engineer for their sites in and around Cork City. This role would ideally suit someone who wishes to move from a Main Contractor, to the consultancy side.
With a growing portfolio of various main contractor clients, in combination with increasing demands for their services, the company is expanding. This provides opportunities for progression and growth, making this role difficult to miss!
There is a very attractive salary and remuneration package for the right person.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the work on site in a safe manner - take responsibility to ensure that all works are carried out to the highest Health and Safety standards.
- Ensure that foremen and operatives clearly understand the information provided.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with work colleagues and Design Teams.
- Review detailed design, critique and communicate with designers to ensure adequate design is available for construction.
- Coordinate the development of design from designer's details to approved workshop drawings or technical information from subcontractors.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality standards and implement quality control procedures and project specific procedures.
- Follow direction as part of a team and attend meetings as required.
- Ensure setting-out information is relevant and available in a format that can be easily communicated on site.
- Create Building Reports and other documents as needed.
- Reading & interpreting drawings for layouts, materials measure etc.
- Planning works in an efficient manner to ensure program targets are achieved.
- Liaise with client's representatives / Design Team members as appropriate.
- A third level degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a site engineer
- Experience working with a main contractor, subcontractor, surveying firm
- Experience working with Reinforced Concrete and Steel Rebar
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations - including BCAR
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project etc.
- Proactive and driven person with a strong desire to make progress backed by a strong level of construction knowledge.
If you think this role is for you, apply below! Alternatively, you can call Ross on 087 - 965 1242.
Reference ID: WPC719
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent