Administration & Planning Executive – Doorstep
An opportunity has arisen for an ‘Administration and Planning Executive’ to join Glanbia’s Direct to Consumer/ Doorstep team.
Glanbia Ireland is a world class agri food and nutrition business, with a diverse portfolio of quality ingredients and leading consumer brands – including Avonmore and Kilmeaden.
Glanbia Ireland’s award winning direct to consumer channel comprises the e-commerce platform ‘mymilkman.ie,’ and the traditional offline doorstep channel. The business has achieved major industry recognition in recent years for its direct to consumer division - winning the ‘E-commerce Business of the Year’ award in 2018 (All Ireland Marketing Awards), and Website of the Year at the 2019 Digital Media Awards.
The role of ‘Administration and Planning Executive’ will support the Doorstep Acquisition team in its function of recruiting residential customers to the local milk delivery service. The successful candidate will lead the territory planning process – identifying key target areas for the field sales teams, as well as managing the administration function for the acquisition team - which will involve working with 3rd party agencies, processing daily/weekly reports, and monitoring team KPI’s.
The candidate will be required to work closely with all members of the Doorstep team, as well as the wider Sales Development team, the ‘agent’ distributor network, and agency partners, to ensure the delivery of agreed targets and KPI’s.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 year’s experience in an administration role. They will have excellent planning skills, great attention to detail, with advanced computer literacy skills in packages such as Excel and Powerpoint.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities Include but are not limited to
- Manage the administration function for the residential canvassing team – including daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
- Produce regular reports and KPI updates, to ensure delivery of targets.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of sales targets.
- In conjunction with the sales team, oversee the territory planning function – identifying target areas for canvassing, and agreeing plans with sales managers/ agent distributors – to achieve overall business objectives.
- Utilise new planning and targeting tools to help prioritise territories, to optimise canvassing resources.
- Work with the doorstep acquisition team to ensure the set up and delivery of the weekly canvassing plan by ‘channel’.
- Oversee the tracking of the customer audit – including updating of customer churn.
- Work closely with Customer Acquisition manager in the planning and delivery of targets for specific selling channels.
- Supporting the administration functions in the processing of invoices, reconciliations of rebates, and budget management.
- Business qualification preferable.
- Computer skills qualification – ECDL or similar preferable
Competencies to carry out the role
- Attention to Detail – has a strong command of detail, and is comfortable dealing with, and processing with large amounts of data.
- Inter personal savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people - up, down and sideways, inside and outside of the Organisation; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact, can diffuse even high tension situations comfortably.
- Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task / people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results
- Negotiation - Can negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships ; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Computer skills to ECDL or similar – experience with PSI technology preferable.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills – for Excel, to include competencies such as formatting, functions and formulas, with the ability to create and manage pivot tables, and high competency in using Powerpoint.
If you are interested in this position, please apply through the Careers portal on the Glanbia Homepage with an up to date resume.
Glanbia Ireland is a Values Based Organisation - www.glanbia.com/careers