- 5-10 years of technology related sales, business development, marketing, channel management or consulting experience
- Extensive customers or pre-sale experience in B2B environments, preferably in a solution-selling / technology-related environment
- Demonstrated ability to own projects and events from design to execution
- Extensive skills in leveraging tools and technology to increase efficiency in your day-to-day activities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously in a fast-paced and multi-faceted sales environment.
- Track record of strong business judgement
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Profound insights into the startup ecosystem, the main stakeholders and trends
- Passion for startups and entrepreneurial mentality
- Strong verbal and written communications and leadership skills
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a complete set of cloud services that enable all companies, from startups to enterprises, to run virtually everything in the cloud, including mobile applications, big data analytics, AI/ML platforms, and microservices/serverless infrastructures. Startups, which are now primarily born-in-the-cloud, represent a critically important and growing subset of customers to AWS. Startups have unique needs, priorities, and growth trajectories that distinguish them from traditional businesses and require different engagement strategies and sales motions from sellers to effectively acquire, grow, and retain them long-term on the AWS platform.
As AWS continues to rapidly grow, we seek a Sr. Startup Account Manager to help drive the growth of high-potential early, mid, and late stage startups at scale. Your responsibilities will include driving revenue and user adoption, migrations, and ensuring new startups across Ireland select AWS as their primary cloud provider. You will align closely with counterparts in business development, marketing, solution architecture and partner teams to lead execution of coordinated go-to-market strategies and sales plays. You will also work closely with business development teams who are driving strategic support, global co-programming, and portfolio engagement to help drive top-of-funnel customer acquisition and accelerate seller cycles in the field.
You will be at the heart of latest trends like artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), serverless and IoT. Your customers leverage state-of-the-art technologies on AWS to innovate and become the next disrupters, like today’s Deliveroo, Slack, Monzo, and Stripe. You are passionate about startups, a self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial spirit who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment, execute against ambitious goals, and consistently embrace the Amazon Culture.
Roles & Responsibilities:·
- Drive revenue and market share in defined territories
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue and goal targets.
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive territory plan.
- Manage a high number of early stage startup accounts in a scalable go-to-market approach
- Successfully work in a large-scale environment, and strategically impact a diverse customer portfolio.
- Acquire new startups and accelerate the adoption of AWS services among existing early stage startup accounts at scale
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to drive new early-stage-startup acquisition and account growth at scale
- Build and develop programmatic/automated initiatives to engage with startups at scale
- Collaborate with AWS resources (Solution Architects, Business Development, Marketing, Partners, Support, and Service teams) to lead new startup acquisition and further drive solution adoption at scale.
- Maintain a robust customer pipeline while continuously maintaining high closing rates.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Expect moderate travel.
- Previous experience in Marketing and/or Business Development
- Startup operating experience in business development, venture capital, or in leadership roles
- Strong project management skills and experience working with cross-functional teams
- MBA/MA/MS degree or relevant experience
- Previous cloud expertise at a technology company
- A technical background in engineering or computer science
- History of working for, or selling to tech startups